Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Wow What Extension !
Couple of people asked me about how I am going with using some new additives and food. I said really well. I took a good look at the tank tonight and boy, my plates are looking amazing. cant believe the extension that is happening.
Plate corals all.JPG
plate orange.JPG

Bear in mind that these were bought when they were not in the best of health and the orange one in the front was actually bleaching with white patches 3-4 months ago.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
yes its as simple as seachem Trace once a week and seachem plus twice a week. From memory it was Sam Parker & David H on here mentioned it a while back thought I would give it a go and it works. I haven't target fed for ages and still getting these results.I hadn't even put it in tonight, this is how its all looking all the time. So pleased and so easy.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I'd love to take credit, but it wasn't me. I have used it before though and had good results, just haven't got onto a large enough supply of it cheap yet (Im a tight ass...). Mainly because the dosing instructions are pretty large per litre of tank. (I really need like 20l drums of each to make it work...)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I'd love to take credit, but it wasn't me. I have used it before though and had good results, just haven't got onto a large enough supply of it cheap yet (Im a tight ass...). Mainly because the dosing instructions are pretty large per litre of tank. (I really need like 20l drums of each to make it work...)
HI Sam,
I have been buying the 2lt bottles for about $50. I dose for 1000lt (have lowered dosage slightly) and they are lasting about 18 weeks. Not that bad value even for some-one with a tight ass Scottish husband.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Talking about extension . . .
This is my Duncan 5 months ago before I started dosing Trace & Plus. It had about 6 heads at that stage.
FTS-17-5-2014.JPG

This is it now. It has around 30 heads with amazing extension - it looks like a grassy tree now.
duncan-26-10-2014.jpg

I dose slightly different to @Lesley. I manually dose 3ml of Trace one day then 3ml of Plus the next day and so on and so on. (100L tank)
Seachem say 5ml twice a week for 80L tank. Which I translated into 12ml for 100L over the week. 3ml of each, every other day, gives me that over an 8 day week, so if anything I'm on the low side of dosing.
I use to do the same via a dosing pump but now I keep the products in the fridge (advice from Seachem) and dose manually.
The credit for using these products actually goes to @somethingfishy76 for getting me onto them.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Talking about extension . . .
This is my Duncan 5 months ago before I started dosing Trace & Plus. It had about 6 heads at that stage.
View attachment 44818

This is it now. It has around 30 heads with amazing extension - it looks like a grassy tree now.
View attachment 44819

I dose slightly different to @Lesley. I manually dose 3ml of Trace one day then 3ml of Plus the next day and so on and so on. (100L tank)
Seachem say 5ml twice a week for 80L tank. Which I translated into 12ml for 100L over the week. 3ml of each, every other day, gives me that over an 8 day week, so if anything I'm on the low side of dosing.
I use to do the same via a dosing pump but now I keep the products in the fridge (advice from Seachem) and dose manually.
The credit for using these products actually goes to @somethingfishy76 for getting me onto them.
Wow. My Duncan has grown too but that one of yours is exceptional !! I think we must admit it's a good product with us both getting results like this. ! Stunning !

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
People don't realize how important trace elements are to corals. I started using Seachem about a month ago on my tanks and they've really perked up.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
People don't realize how important trace elements are to corals. I started using Seachem about a month ago on my tanks and they've really perked up.
Wasn't it me that put you onto it ? I might be wrong but I think i posted on other forum with the success i had been having.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Wasn't it me that put you onto it ? I might be wrong but I think i posted on other forum with the success i had been having.
I've been using Seachem trace elements since the 90s so i figured since they worked back then, I'd give them a go again. Added the Trace Plus I added to it about 2 months ago.