Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Wrasse Tastic :)
It has been a long time wish to have a wrasse tank.
On the reef you often see many wrasse cruising around.... They are colourful and actively swim out in the open water and amongst the reef.
The six line wrasse that I've had in my tank for over two years was always going to be the biggest hurdle to over come. Six line has always been a bossy fish. Imagine the six line reaction when I introduced five new wrasse to the tank.

The Coris and Blue tail wrasse seem to be fine around old six line. The Leopard and Chaoti wrasse are getting some attention from old Six.
Haven't seen my new Leonardi since I put them all in last Saturday.

Lets see how these new fish go ;)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I love wrasse, make sure you take some photos once they settle in! I would love to see the beauties :)

rnscross

Jul 16, 2011
it is anampses lennardii you're refering to correct? and when did you get it/them? and what size?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
They came in about a week ago from Western Australia , they are 4 cm .
They are seasonal and appear at certain times of the year out on the reef.

rnscross

Jul 16, 2011
They came in about a week ago from Western Australia , they are 4 cm .
They are seasonal and appear at certain times of the year out on the reef.
Pretty sure the lennardi juvies are in the surf zone not on the reef, and from my experience there was only one collector who knew where to get them and he hadn't been out in a while. If its not too much trouble could you PM me the price. Cheers!

rnscross

Jul 16, 2011
that's an old price, they go for the $350-500 now. And with that price tag you can see why they can be hard to get in Australia lol.