Off-Topic

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Yummy Pumpkin Risotto - Quick Dinner
Recently I had pumpkin risotto garnished with a generous handful of fresh baby spinach & a small dollop of sour cream at a cafe, it was so yum I wanted to find a good recipe to make it at home.

Just made this recipe for dinner tonight from a site called 4 Ingredients. It's yummy & took 1/2 an hour total with minimal effort so thought I'd share! Going to serve it the same way I had it and will keep it in mind for next time I have people over for dinner as I love easy recipes that look a little bit fancy.

Variations: I used Vegeta Vegetable Stock, Jap pumpkin & 1 1/2 cups of Risoni because it was what was on special at the supermarket - the Risoni only needs 10 mins to cook. I used 1/2 cup parmesan instead of a cup and didn't add the salt & pepper. Light Sour Cream - this recipe isn't low fat but it all helps. You could use Greek Yoghurt instead if you want probiotics. Flavour wise, it would be even better with softened onions which I'll do next time.

1234223_10152160362534517_1437083942_n.jpg

PUMPKIN RISOTTO
Serves 4

* 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock
* 700g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm cubes
* 3⁄4 cup (140g) Arborio rice
* 1⁄2 cup (50g) grated Parmesan

In a saucepan, bring the vegetable stock and pumpkin pieces to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the rice and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, or until the rice is soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir through half the Parmesan and season with sea salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with remaining Parmesan.

Left Over Tip:
Use leftover risotto as stuffing for baked capsicums and zucchinis. Serve it as an entrée, main or even a side.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Well it got the thumbs up from the family, all gone now - so much for my lunch tomorrow! Here's mine, taken on my phone in the dark kitchen. Mix the spinach & sour cream through just before you eat it and it will wilt slightly.

pumpkin risotto.jpg