• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
its amazing how the eel wont eat the shrimp. its like those fish that clean sharks. simply amazing

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I have seen a photo taken on a wild reef where there was an eel the thickness of my arm with dozens of cleaner shrimp on it and in its mouth!

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
its amazing how the eel wont eat the shrimp. its like those fish that clean sharks. simply amazing
Remora's don't actually clean the shark/ray host, rather they clean up after them by stealing scraps around the feeding animal.. Cleaner Wrasse still have this task of removing the parasites from these animals, and yes it is amazing to watch a 4" fish cruising through the gills and around those teeth of 6' plus sharks :eek

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Zebs get to about 70-80 cm maximum, snowflakes a tad smaller at about 65-70 cm. A 4x2x2 would be about the minimum for any small eel species IMO. Theres plenty of advice that contradicts this on the net saying from 50gal (200L or standard 4fter) and above. However you need to take into consideration that they are messy eaters and produce lots of waste thats high in nutrients, meaning a 420L or there abouts (a 4x2x2) would suit them better, as the water parameters keep more stable, and are able to cope with the sudden expenditure of waste products (eels are usually feed 2-3 times per week, sometimes less). As long as you have an efficient skimmer running on your system, and a low stock load already living in it you shouldn't have too many problems

Tang

Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Your size limit on those eels is incorrect.

Both easily attain 3.5 feet adult size.

I would not recommend a 4 footer for a near adult size specimen.