Reef Discussion

Nautynigel

Oct 26, 2014
Strathfield
Zeovit For Sps Beginners
Hi Guys

I just did a tank reboot and things are starting to cycle nicely. I want to do some SPS and I am thinking about doing Zeovit due to the obvious results.

a) is there an obvious place that gives you the idiots guide to Zeovit? seems to be so much to take in
b) anyone got any feedback about using it for SPS beginners? I've had softies/zoas etc for about a year
c) I have a Tunze 9410 which is a needle wheel - i hear these arent good for Zeovit? Anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks - any other Zeovit related comments all welcome

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Zeovit is like having training wheels on a bicycle .
Highly recommended ....and yet not the only way to learn to ride a bike.
You'll have fun going down the SPS road. Your soft coral will be fine aswell.

Nautynigel

Oct 26, 2014
Strathfield
Good feedback guys. Is there anyone that has a reference or an idiots guide for it? I dont want to go out and buy all this gear and not understand it...

Jordanf1

Dec 18, 2014
I've been zeoving for just over a year and followed everything suggested in the guide and experienced users in the forum. Like any form of reef keeping you have your ups and downs. I'm currently in a down but not out....yet. The system works, but you have to work at it. Zeovit is dependent on you being on top of maintenance especially the beginning of a system. I made the mistake of not adapting to changes. Lesson learnt.