Reef Discussion

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
If I were to do an order from Germany themselves would anyone else be interested in joining in with me??
What were you getting?

Please bear in mind I have not been following this thread for a while. On that note really as a beginner Zeovit user you got to go through some phases before you get to use the tinkering products.
Most of my Zeovit products went out of date before I finished them. On that note Zeovit is great cos you don't need much.

For beginner phase you need these basics only.

Bac. 50ml
Start 3. 500ml
Stones get 2 -3 bags
GAC 2 bags
Sponge power . 50ml

This will get you to the next level in 3 or so months time.
You might need some amino acid at that stage.

Once you have this down pat and ALL your water husbandry is Micky mouse then you can start tweaking colours.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
What were you getting?

Please bear in mind I have not been following this thread for a while. On that note really as a beginner Zeovit user you got to go through some phases before you get to use the tinkering products.
Most of my Zeovit products went out of date before I finished them. On that note Zeovit is great cos you don't need much.

For beginner phase you need these basics only.

Bac. 50ml
Start 3. 500ml
Stones get 2 -3 bags
GAC 2 bags
Sponge power . 50ml

This will get you to the next level in 3 or so months time.
You might need some amino acid at that stage.

Once you have this down pat and ALL your water husbandry is Micky mouse then you can start tweaking colours.
Thanks Nils, I've been running the full system for about 4 months now ;) still young in the scope of things but mature enough that I like to think I have most things down pat lol I'll be topping up a few of my basics, stones, carbon, sponge power and looking at some B-balance for a bit of colour adjustment as it's starting to become warranted :) I spend hours researching anything and everything before purchase lol especially supps! I love zeo though and so does the tank!! We've both come quite some way since the start of the year and since starting zeo too.
Thanks for the heads up though :)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
If its cheaper to get the stones from there, ill be in for a few bags.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
If its cheaper to get the stones from there, ill be in for a few bags.
Everything is pretty much half to a quarter of the price lol I'm usually able to add in an extra something including shipping for the same price as here lol

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Thanks Nils, I've been running the full system for about 4 months now ;) still young in the scope of things but mature enough that I like to think I have most things down pat lol I'll be topping up a few of my basics, stones, carbon, sponge power and looking at some B-balance for a bit of colour adjustment as it's starting to become warranted :) I spend hours researching anything and everything before purchase lol especially supps! I love zeo though and so does the tank!! We've both come quite some way since the start of the year and since starting zeo too.
Thanks for the heads up though :)
No sweat! Hard to follow everyone's TJ .

Btw I would grab stones and carbon if you were keen to organise it

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
The new elements that Oscar mentioned look interesting enough.
I think that B-Balance 500 ml vs the B elements ... The liquid could be cheaper in the long run for me.
But saying that I got great results with B balance , I would love to try the elements.

The Zeovit menu is getting too big these days, drool!

Need a sponsor / donor.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
The new elements that Oscar mentioned look interesting enough.
I think that B-Balance 500 ml vs the B elements ... The liquid could be cheaper in the long run for me.
But saying that I got great results with B balance , I would love to try the elements.

The Zeovit menu is getting too big these days, drool!

Need a sponsor / donor.
I know, its good to have options though.
This is one element i haven't tried. What results did you experience and did you follow recommended dose?

B balance is 4 ml a day for me so it would last 125 days.
The solid elements would last 120 days. They are a little cheaper than the liquid

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
B-balance brought out strong dense reds and glowing pastel greens. I used it with K -balance. B- balance for reds colours though.
Don't know if it influenced greens though.
I would recommend having both on hand.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
B-balance brought out strong dense reds and glowing pastel greens. I used it with K -balance. B- balance for reds colours though.
Don't know if it influenced greens though.
I would recommend having both on hand.
ah ok. I have K balance to maintain potassium at 400ppm. I have always struggled with birds nest and zeovit. I wonder if it will help.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
ah ok. I have K balance to maintain potassium at 400ppm. I have always struggled with birds nest and zeovit. I wonder if it will help.
Hahaha! B- Balance will fix that mate :-)

I used Stylo-Pocci glow too and Spur.
However not much and not consistently.
I think I was too shocked by the results, this time I will push harder, knowing what I know now about SPS husbandry.

Personally was not a fan of sponge power but maybe it's cos I was using coral vitaliser.
Don't think I'll get coral vitaliser again. But will give sponge power another shot.

What's everyone using for ASW
I am going back to the first one I used on my tank when I set it up as a Zeo tank
Tropic Marin.
When I was not hard core Zeo I used Red Sea with a lot of success.