Reef Discussion

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
NSW for me

Why didn't you like sponge power and coral vitalizer??
Think I was too generous in dosing them at the time causing too much biofilm on glass.
I will pair up Amino Acid with Sponge power next time round.

I've gone without feeding any corals for 8 months with no ill effect .

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Guys what are your thoughts on the 3hr on 3hr off way of introducing the stones into an established tank?
Seems painful.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Guys what are your thoughts on the 3hr on 3hr off way of introducing the stones into an established tank?
Seems painful.
its just a precaution for not shocking the system. Alternitavley you can have continuous flow at a slower rate. This is what Wrangy Cosby and myself did. If there are any ill effects then you could do 3 hr on then off.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Seems painful.
As Oscar has mentioned, we went with lower flows :) I ran at 150lph for the first set of stones and then after the change I went to 250lph like recommended rather than the 3 on 3 off pain lol I had no ill effects from it either :)

I'll start a group buy thread once I hear back from KZ :)

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
No problems! Better safe than sorry so I appreciate the extra caution! lol

Awesome, I'll send them an email and see if we can get a discount too!
@OSCAR85 @Cosby @Grimz (in case you're interested)
Im super keen for this :D I'll need a run down on what I'll need, I'm going to be doing the 14-day cycle using Zeo :)

Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it btw!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Im super keen for this :D I'll need a run down on what I'll need, I'm going to be doing the 14-day cycle using Zeo :)

Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it btw!
No problems! I'll give a run down of it all in the morning for you :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Okay @Grimz you'll need these to start your journey off with zeo and keep it running but here's the process for the 14 day cycle written by KZ:
http://www.korallen-zucht.de/pages-en/service/initial-cycle-just-14-days.html

You'll need the following to run the basic zeo system, the rest comes later once zeo has settled and you start to tweak colours:
ZEOlite (the stones)
Carbon (I use zeo and you may as well too if we're buying there)
ZEObak
ZEOstart

You don't have to worry about food as that's a nutrient import and is only required much later on down the track! It's pretty much up to you have much of each you buy though, check out the ZEOvit guide and work out what you'll need and then buy accordingly! The stuff lasts a fair while!

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
Okay @Grimz you'll need these to start your journey off with zeo and keep it running but here's the process for the 14 day cycle written by KZ:
http://www.korallen-zucht.de/pages-en/service/initial-cycle-just-14-days.html

You'll need the following to run the basic zeo system, the rest comes later once zeo has settled and you start to tweak colours:
ZEOlite (the stones)
Carbon (I use zeo and you may as well too if we're buying there)
ZEObak
ZEOstart

You don't have to worry about food as that's a nutrient import and is only required much later on down the track! It's pretty much up to you have much of each you buy though, check out the ZEOvit guide and work out what you'll need and then buy accordingly! The stuff lasts a fair while!
Thanks for the info Wrangy :) When are we thinking on placing orders? I'll most likely grab 2-3 bags of Zeolite and Carbon, I'll need to look into what bottle sizes I'll need for bak and start :)

Thanks again, really appreciate it!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Thanks for the info Wrangy :) When are we thinking on placing orders? I'll most likely grab 2-3 bags of Zeolite and Carbon, I'll need to look into what bottle sizes I'll need for bak and start :)

Thanks again, really appreciate it!
I'll probably do up the group buy thread today and we'll order within the next week or so :) I'd love to see if we can get a discount before we order :)

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
I'll probably do up the group buy thread today and we'll order within the next week or so :) I'd love to see if we can get a discount before we order :)
Sounds good to me! Just let me know when your all ready to start taking orders :)

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
I think Chris has a valid point, without an import permit it is risky. Its not a problem with minerals so salts, stones, carbon etc should all be ok. Any of the bacteria's or foods that contain any kind of biological material could potentially be blocked by customs.