Reef Discussion

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
I just started using some of the producrs last week on both my tanks, cant say what i like as yet.

No difference at the moment, hoping to see and report changes in the next few weeks though.

Using Coral snow, Coral Vitalizer, Biomate and Amino Acids.

Was going to go full zeo but my Biopellets are doing a great job and keeping my Nitrates/Phosphates at 0.

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
If you have 0 nitrates and phosphates , No real reason to go the whole hog .
I was using the pellets , Mine did a good job on nitrates @ around 5 and under , Using the Red Sea pro test kits , But not much for phosphates :(
So i started using Zeo , Nitrates now always 0 still using red sea pro , phosphate is 0 to .04 ( Hanna )

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
I was running a Phosban reactor with Rowaphos for my phosphates originally but got a bad algae problem from my water being too clean aparently.
So after advice from Nork i removed the Rowaphos about 3-4 weeks ago. My Phosphates rushed up to 0.8 in no time then steadily declined to 0.0 (Tested Yesterday Hanna).
My algae issues are still there but seem to be improving slowly.

Maybe it just takes a long time for the pellets to effect Phosphate, however i have a Refugium too therefore might help out alot too.

Kevinicus

Jan 4, 2012
I'm a Zeo user. You can see my tank in the nano section. I personally believe that I could not achieve what I have so far without the use of Zeo. I'm happy to use it and think it's worth it. The only thing I wish Zeo had was transparency in how it works.