Reef Discussion

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Zetlight 3600 Marine
After looking around extensively for a new light for My 3x2x2 tank I decided on the zetlight ZP 3600.
There are a few factors that persuaded me to this light they were....
· I could buy it from my LFS and any support would be a quick drive away.
· The powerful 2 X 35w LEDs
· The color mix
· All the functions (many of which I will never use )
Out of the box the first thing that caught my eye was I knew I got what I paid for. The well built chassis appear very neat with clean lines. The extensive amount of function and settings are sure to cater for the fussiest aquarium owner.
With Network capabilities via daisy chain its sure to adapt to the largest of tanks.
It also has functions to replicate lighting and cloudy days .

The Time setting...
First option is to set what time you want the Light to start its sequence
You then set the required time frame that you want that period to last for .
There are five sequences.
There is a gradual change between setting and the best way to describe it is that it’s a like a ballast only slightly smoother.
Within each setting you have 32 different settings of light intensity and you can also decide on your preferred colour option.
The options are White – Blue – Colour mix – Violet.
Eg. at present I have it set as follows
Light on at 10am, Dawn for 2 hours @ intensity 5 for Violet
Sunrise 2 hrs, @ intensity 15 for mix color
Daytime 6 hrs @ intensity 28 for mix color
Sunset 1hr & 15 min intensity 10 for violet
Night 1hr & 15 min intensity at 0 for blue (this could be set to last all night if preferred but I have 10 blue LEDs for night)
Set as above the lights are on for 9 hours but only intense lighting is on for 6 hours .
(*I may change these settings depending on how my corals respond.)

Over all I am very impressed with the unit and my corals do seem to have responded to the light however it’s still early days .
My only issue is that all settings must be done via the remote control so if you ever lose or break it you lose control.
Personally I would have liked a few buttons on the unit as a back up for the remote.
All the specifications can be found at
http://www.zetlight.com/index.php/products?id=17

I will add some more photos of it on my tank soon.

Attachments

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
These look like decent units. There is a growing trend of moving to a large white chip surrounded by blues and other colours.

Not convinced at the inclusion of Orange, but guess it can't do any harm.

Mind letting me know where you got it and how much?

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
These look like decent units. There is a growing trend of moving to a large white chip surrounded by blues and other colours.

Not convinced at the inclusion of Orange, but guess it can't do any
http://shop.coburgaquarium.com.au/a.../zetlight-pro-144w-led-marine-12000k-blk.html

Not convinced at the inclusion of Orange, but guess it can't do any harm.

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Sorry about the quality of the photos . These are random shots taken at different times of the day.
I missed sunset but you get the drift .
P.S the half dead pink birdsnest i picked it up on the weekend for $10 (just in case you think its the lights fault...lol)

Attachments

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Hi @Louise01,, My tank has a depth of 60cm and the corals I have that are on or near to the bottom are GSP , Torch , Favia, & morphs. they all look to responding well to the new light.
In fact they look to have grown/expanded in the week I have had the new light.
at a depth of 73cm I think/guess Morphs, GSP & zoos will be ok but I would lift everything else up a little.
In saying that I have my light intensity set 28 , it can go up to 32 . There is a clear difference between each settings
I am going to creep it up a little but I am going to do it slow.
How many corals and what type do you have sitting at the bottom of your tank ?

Louise01

Oct 15, 2012
Brisbane
@RobbieMVFC I have a few morphs and a helio right at the bottom with the intent of getting some scollies too. I have a couple hammers and a torch near the bottom too