Reef Discussion

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Zetlight LED lighting. good? bad?
hey guys just want to know about Zetlight LED systems? thinking of purchasing one for my little tank down the track because i think my LEDS now just aren't cutting it for the direction i want to head into with my tank. also taking into account that i will upgrade to a slightly longer and deeper tank in the future too. what are your thoughts?

im looking at something like this
http://shop.coburgaquarium.com.au/aquaria/lighting/zetlight/72w-led-light-deep-ocean-12000k.html

would it be suitable for sps corals?

cheers

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
well, cant really say. If this is the light you want to buy and use for the upgrade, we need to know the new planned tank size etc.

I would look at the Illumagic Comboray as you can tailor as you expand

Speak with @Synodontis if you are interested

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
well, cant really say. If this is the light you want to buy and use for the upgrade, we need to know the new planned tank size etc.

I would look at the Illumagic Comboray as you can tailor as you expand

Speak with @Synodontis if you are interested
im looking at something around 75cm long by 50cm deep by 50cm wide. so basically a 3ft but taller than your standard. does this help at all? sorry for the ambiguity, but ideally a tall 3ft tank is what im looking to upgrade to a couple of years down the track

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
yeah you're right! ill stick with the light i got now and start off with small sps monti frags in 2-3 months and see how they grow. just got an awesome morph and beautiful looking orange acans from @Priscacara who also gave me some helpful tips too :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Hey @daniel borja,

When your ready to look at upgrading your lighting, have a talk to Dave at Deer Park Aquarium & you can also have a play with the Comboray.
For the tank you have now a ComboRay would work well & give you a lot more options as you advance into different corals. No need to buy a whole new unit, just add or subtract LED's as you require until the big tank arrives. :)