Reef Discussion

netty_3164

Mar 8, 2014
Zoanthids Growing But Polyps Not Opening Up?
Another zoa question - since moving these zoas into another tank, these green skirt zoas have mostly closed up (some are slightly open).
It has been 3 or so weeks since the move and there has been some growth (i've circled the new polyps that have since popped up) BUT the majority of the zoa are not opening up at all.

Besides the issue with the 'umbrella' shaped zoas, all the other zoas seem to be flourishing
Any body able to shed some light on this?
Many thanks

ai775.photobucket.com_albums_yy32_netty_3164_DSC_0002Copy_3.jpg

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
They're Palys aren't they? I've got a few different variations of these and they seem to like a reasonable amount of light.
I wouldn't be too worried, those things are as tough as and maybe just taking their time to open up again.

That's exactly what my pink zoos do if annoyed or moved (see my response to your other post), they'll be fine when they settle down. All the different zoas are indeed different :)

netty_3164

Mar 8, 2014
Not sure if they are palys or not, the polyps are twice or 3x the size of my other zoas though.
This polyps in this colony seem to be shrinking now but I'll will give them some time & will keep yous updated

E

ezza

Maybe you ought to go over your water params and see if anything needs tweaking?

E

ezza

That'll do it! It's amazing what higher than normal phos and nitrates will do. They're lovely!