Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Zoas
Went a bit nuts in a late night Facebook sale ... Including the most ridiculously priced single polyp in Australian history. Kinda went like this.
  1. Reefco announces sale coming up of Rasta zoas, the reef geeks get damp with anticipation
  2. Reef geeks check set their Facebook page to Reefco and refresh every 10 seconds for 2 hours waiting for the sale
  3. Photos go up, everyone puts 'sold' before the price appears.
  4. Price appears, everyone gasps, stares, reconsiders ...
  5. I remove my sold comment on the Rastas and go to review other items I've committed to.
  6. I go back to the Rastas and see that despite the ridiculous price they are getting snapped up. It is a rare occurrence to see them for sale after all. So I quickly restore my sold comment and then spend the next hour debating whether to keep it,
  7. In the end I do because hey, I'd rather have it than a tiny orange ric.
Wonder if @Wrangy went though a similar process ;)

Here were my purchases, some just to restock varieties I lost in my old tank. Yes that does say $150 ...

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Oh and @Wrangy don't go getting any ideas about putting your prices up on my zoas from you :p

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I certainly didn't do the same :rolleyes haha although I only went for a single rasta lol he had some awesome stuff go up last night :D
Don't worry though, you're safe I can't jack prices up yet. I'm not sure I'm capable charging that much lol

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Stumbled across the sale by accident haha I was in the midst of slaying beasts and bandits in Skyrim and was chatting to people on FB and having a browse haha had a look at reefco and they been out up, I was the first one to write sold on a rasta :P

You got an awesome little haul there though :D I thought about getting a gold but decided a rasta was enough to hurt me for one night :P

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I certainly didn't do the same :rolleyes haha although I only went for a single rasta lol he had some awesome stuff go up last night :D
Don't worry though, you're safe I can't jack prices up yet. I'm not sure I'm capable charging that much lol
Hah right. A few interesting learnings too. GOW didn't sell at $15/ even though they are one of my favourites. Darth Mauls didn't all sell a $40/ despite them going for $50/ previously.

Also wonder what people would have aid for the Rastas. $200? $250? More? Or did he hit it just right at $150?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Hah right. A few interesting learnings too. GOW didn't sell at $15/ even though they are one of my favourites. Darth Mauls didn't all sell a $40/ despite them going for $50/ previously.

Also wonder what people would have aid for the Rastas. $200? $250? More? Or did he hit it just right at $150?
Haha I know it's funny how people are, it's the new and rare mentality though! Everyone loves it, even us :P lol

I think he got it exactly right, he's waited until they've (rastas) have hyped themselves up and there's people asking on the pages if anyone has any then done the select release at $150 which I think is spot on, he could have sold them at $200 I reckon bit people wouldn't have been happy, this way the price is expensive to make a buttload of cash buy not expensive enough that the taste left in your mouth is terrible lol

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Are the Rasta's slow growing or just in demand?
No idea on growth rate to be honest, I've just never seen them for sale in my few years of doing this, so rare is a better description. And pretty too. I've often envied Americans who can get them more easily (price is around $20/ over there).

Now 10 people have a polyp, assuming they do grow they will spread around more and the price will drop significantly.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I envy American's every day!

Its funny how the pricing of some things holds in this hobby when it goes up. Blastomussa welsii sky rocketed in price briefly some years back and was popular for all of a second, yet the price has only ever dropped a little and decent sized colonies are no longer seen.

Let's hope they are a good grower :)

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
7 polyps of true blue hornets @ 400....

My brain, wallet and arsche all winced in unison "/

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Yeah I thought the true blues were a bit rich but prices were pretty good in general :)
Hopefully the rasta's are good growers! I'm going to blast them with light and foot rubs to get them growing!! Haha

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Yeah I thought the true blues were a bit rich but prices were pretty good in general :)
Hopefully the rasta's are good growers! I'm going to blast them with light and foot rubs to get them growing!! Haha
Nothing too sexual Dom, you know how dangerous they are :cum

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Nice work. Lookin at them recon they are real rastas? Hopefully they grow well for you!

I was going to going to sneak some sh!t back in from over here but some bastard has beat me to it o_0 :rolleyes:worship

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Nice work. Lookin at them recon they are real rastas? Hopefully they grow well for you!

I was going to going to sneak some sh!t back in from over here but some bastard has beat me to it o_0 :rolleyesworship
Damn! Could have had one of those big coats and stuff the inside pockets with all the nice zoa's, you would have become an instant millionaire :p

They do look like real rasta's but I guess we'll wait and see, I'm getting mine any time this morning so I'll have a good scope out! :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham

I was going to going to sneak some sh!t back in from over here but some bastard has beat me to it o_0 :rolleyesworship
Yeah I think they are the real deal, I scrutinised the pics haha.
Damn! Could have had one of those big coats and stuff the inside pockets with all the nice zoa's, you would have become an instant millionaire :p

They do look like real rasta's but I guess we'll wait and see, I'm getting mine any time this morning so I'll have a good scope out! :)
Mine arrived at lunchtime. The wife took it upon herself to put them straight onto the frag rack for me :eek hope I don't arrive home to find them melted. She said one was in its own little pod so I am guessing that is the $150 purchase :p

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Yeah I think they are the real deal, I scrutinised the pics haha.

Mine arrived at lunchtime. The wife took it upon herself to put them straight onto the frag rack for me :eek hope I don't arrive home to find them melted. She said one was in its own little pod so I am guessing that is the $150 purchase :p
Fingers crossed it all good. I never really acclimated zoas.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I never really acclimatise them either, they get ten/fifteen minutes floating in the bag just for temp and mainly force of habit haha then I throw them in, I haven't had any issues to date yet lol and both the zoa's I got have opened nicely so I'm happy :) He'd packed them really well which was good! :)

They definitely look like rasta's though, even in the shitty phone pic my brother sent me they look like true rasta's :) The rasta's came in groovy little pack/container things which I thought was pretty awesome too!