Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
12 Months Of Prius
Facebook kindly reminded me it was a year since I took an 11 hours drive to pick-up this little ripper. Time has flown!

Short drive for a fish (1027km is 638 miles).....
as25.postimg.org_qsbam4cen_skoda.jpg

When she was first put in previous tank (touch over a year ago):
awww_reef2reef_com_attachments_prius_jpg_215929__.jpg

About a week after being in my tank:
awww_reef2reef_com_attachments_img_4502_jpg_216177__.jpg

About 3 months after being in the tank (and still probably the nicest picture I have of her, she is fairly shy when the camera comes out):
as25_postimg_org_jq5s48zbj_IMG_5089_jpg3_.jpg

About 6 months in new tank (with flash):
as25_postimg_org_sggbpk5hr_IMG_5918_jpgc_.jpg

About 8 Months (with flash):
as25.postimg.org_69geh1yhb_11796352_10153511281139288_5937512516999527654_n.jpg

10 months (getting chunky now!):
as25.postimg.org_uhtxi69jj_IMG_6268.jpg

without flash:
as25.postimg.org_b531bwjwv_IMG_6330.jpg

Now 12 months (pic taken at final stages of days lighting):
as25.postimg.org_onqh1ntu7_IMG_7062.jpg

Slowly getting fatter, not that I can talk....

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
Amazing !!! how much do they worth @Sam Parker ? I'm sure a lot !!!

I don't know if I am going to drive 11 hours to pick a fish up ..... chance is ... none.

I salute your commitment!

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Amazing !!! how much do they worth @Sam Parker ? I'm sure a lot !!!

I don't know if I am going to drive 11 hours to pick a fish up ..... chance is ... none.

I salute your commitment!
I've seen them for sale at stores twice, each were at the $1500 mark. I did get this little ripper from a fellow reefer who offered me a price much lower that was too good to turn down (hence the 11 hour drive the next day to go get it)

Wasn't without it's stresses, drove from I think 4:30am and got home at about 5:00pm (managed to kill a few mins at food and fuel breaks plus one power nap), sat the fish up on the laundry bench to get my fish acclimation setup out and dropped her onto the floor..... Thankfully was all good with that. Then once in the tank and free, she hovered about a centimetre above a very sticky haddons carper nem I had at the time just to give me a total heart attack. That little game went on for a full 24 hours, then someone nipped her tail taking a perfect semi circle out of the tail fin (only small, but still).

BUT, I am glad to say - that since then, I haven't had a single issue with her (other than her nipping at every single damn coral in the tank... LOL) and is a ferocious eater (as you can see!)

Sam

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
I've seen them for sale at stores twice, each were at the $1500 mark. I did get this little ripper from a fellow reefer who offered me a price much lower that was too good to turn down (hence the 11 hour drive the next day to go get it)

Wasn't without it's stresses, drove from I think 4:30am and got home at about 5:00pm (managed to kill a few mins at food and fuel breaks plus one power nap), sat the fish up on the laundry bench to get my fish acclimation setup out and dropped her onto the floor..... Thankfully was all good with that. Then once in the tank and free, she hovered about a centimetre above a very sticky haddons carper nem I had at the time just to give me a total heart attack. That little game went on for a full 24 hours, then someone nipped her tail taking a perfect semi circle out of the tail fin (only small, but still).

BUT, I am glad to say - that since then, I haven't had a single issue with her (other than her nipping at every single damn coral in the tank... LOL) and is a ferocious eater (as you can see!)

Sam
Amazing Sam ! just simply amazing story!

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Stunning Sam...not you the fish mate...lol
She has definitely benefited from living in a healthy tank.