Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Construction Begins
So, I want to have a tiny tank, still with some equipment - but hidden as much as possible... Hmm, bit of a challenge! Made a false wall to hide it all, then a media rack to hold some filter floss and a small bag of chemie pure elite. Create a section for the heater and one more for the return pump and its almost done!
aimageshack.us_a_img12_9020_2md4.jpg

aimageshack.us_a_img713_1375_gy5p.jpg

aimageshack.us_a_img854_2685_lx4z.jpg

Then lastly, knocked together a quick aluminium frame to mount a simple 4 LED DIY setup in/to.
aimageshack.us_a_img703_9952_eprz.jpg

I'm really happy with the progress so far, tank is looking awesome and owing me about $40 so far :)

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Yeah not enough room for anything decent, so will do without. Water changes will suffice. Only planning one a coral goby a snail and a peppermint shrimp :)

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
If I can get my light fully finished I'll try to bring it on Sunday so you can have a gander, or at least bring the driver compartment. Have you decided on a heatsink yet? Could be interesting to get a PAR test done :p
Great little set-up you have going, and I might pinch your idea regarding the light stand. It seems to fit better then I originally thought.
My heatsink just fits on the lip of my pico, but i think that might be too close.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Was think of using the frame as a heat sink? Depends how warm four would get at 350ma? Can easily add something small if need be.
Yeah mate, that bunnings click together stuff is awesome - get on it!