Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Livestock
added some livestock to the tank today. Three small pieces of coral, two from my existing display tank (just a green morph and a basic torch frag) and a $5 bargain duncan frag from Deer Park. Also added a small yellow coral goby who whilst being a bit shy whilst I am at my desk, he comes out and about when he thinks I can't see him. I'm sure he'll settle in nicely. Also managed to get a baby snail from my DT into the pico which was a bonus (nearly threw it out with the zip bag, noticed him just in time!).

I have a yellow coral goby at home too, we have called him "Gomez" so it seemed only fair that his brother be called "Fester". Hope Fester enjoys the tank as much as i do :cheers:

Baby snail:
as25.postimg.org_s57fyh973_IMG_2613.jpg

Full tank shot (corals just placed in, so haven't opened yet):
as25.postimg.org_kdqpzx51r_IMG_2614.jpg

Fester caught sticking his head out before I had left:
as25.postimg.org_hkxifw4pb_IMG_2616.jpg

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Duncan unfortunately never opened :( Not sure if it was that piece (which I doubt as it looked healthy) or didn't like the conditions in my tank. The torch and morph are doing well though. Have a peppermint shrimp in there now which is fun as he only comes out from hiding when I feed.

Tank needs bit of a clean up and a couple more corals, but I'm giving it time to recover after the period of neglect it got when I was off work for 4 weeks. Then will make it reach its peak :)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Duncans are finicky. I had one in my nano and it took ages to finally come out. Is there enough flow in there? Eventually it was sitting out still when the coral goby regularly used it as a couch.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Duncans are another one of those tough LPS corals that can grow back. If the skeleton slimes when you touch it then its still very much alive ie. there is living tissue there. This is easier to see on the green stemmed Duncans where the skeletons still fluoresce. I find they do best or recover best when the tank is being heavily fed.