Tank Journal Archive

My Main Display After One Year Of Running
System objectives
Get a stable system and know my chemistry. i.d like to advance to sps but may need some better flow equipment. Softies for now. I love rics and i love Acans!!

Display tank
Initial fill Oct 2012

Display dimensions 3x2x2

Display lighting: Aquaray TMC 6 X 600
Reef White HD1000 Tile, Plus multi controller.

Stand: Oak stained 900mm high

Hood or rimless: Hood

Sump design: 1st chamber sock filter with skimmer and heaters. 2nd chamber refugium. 3rd chamber return pump, supply pump to chiller, UV and bio-pellet reactor.

Filtration: 200 micron sock

Support systems

Water circulation: Eheim 5000+
Jaboa WP25
IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Looks great, nice work :)

Do you always have microbubbles in the display? Just curious as I do sometimes when the water level runs down.

Looks great, nice work :)

Do you always have microbubbles in the display? Just curious as I do sometimes when the water level runs down.
I used too but it depends on whats going on in the sump, i found that cleaning my filter sock certain ways cases the skimmer to bubble up and it then brings micro bubbles up to the tank. I simply gerni my socks now and eliminate that issue.

I just love the structure of the rock - how the hell did you do it!?
Thank you! Thats a real compliment. I simply had a few goes at doing it and i guess it turned out good. You know what its like... you stack them and stand back but you never really see the potential because its so hard to invisage all the possible combinations and positions. I wanted caves and arches, being a three foot tank i still wanted pillars so i created two which leans back and bridge accross. Of all the scapes i've had this one i'm the happiest with.