Tank Journal Archive

My Reef Looking Better Than Ever.
A new light setup added more power to my main display, frm 100W to about 140W, Took a week or so for my corals to adjust to the brighter lights. Re-arranging corals after my rock fall turned out pretty good and i think most of all my Chemistry change was the biggest help. Two Seachem products which i decided to mix in order to get the best out of my dosing pump. Seachem Trace + Seachem Plus. My tank looks like its on steroids, sps going so good i could not have guessed it was ever possible. Im seeing more growth now than i have ever seen since starting reefing. Give it a shot and let me know what you guys think. On a side note, i emailed Seachem and asked them why they do not incorporate a sight glass/window on the side of they're bottles...? I for one dont like clear containers and would rather the product display which i have so much success with. They did respond and said they will look into it.
reef.PNG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
A new light setup added more power to my main display, frm 100W to about 140W, Took a week or so for my corals to adjust to the brighter lights. Re-arranging corals after my rock fall turned out pretty good and i think most of all my Chemistry change was the biggest help. Two Seachem products which i decided to mix in order to get the best out of my dosing pump. Seachem Trace + Seachem Plus. My tank looks like its on steroids, sps going so good i could not have guessed it was ever possible. Im seeing more growth now than i have ever seen since starting reefing. Give it a shot and let me know what you guys think. On a side note, i emailed Seachem and asked them why they do not incorporate a sight glass/window on the side of they're bottles...? I for one dont like clear containers and would rather the product display which i have so much success with. They did respond and said they will look into it.
View attachment 39472
Looks amazing mate! What lights are you using?

Awesome suggestion there :)

Looks amazing mate! What lights are you using?

Awesome suggestion there :)
You would be surprised.... ebay units(150w). 2 x 3 foot 75W units. $220 each. I previously had $1600 worth of Aquarays... They ran at 110W. Soooo glad i switched. I still run Two light strips from the aquarays but only for fade in and fade out lighting morning and night for moonlight and dusk/dawn.