Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Nearing A Year!!!
Can't believe it has been basically a year since the idea to build this pico came into my head...

The tank is still going strong, only one tankmate in there - just my peppermint shrimp. The tank has become a bit of a coral graveyard as I pop dying things in there to see if they make a miraculous recovery... lol

I do have a green morph and about 3 or 4 nice red morphs in the tank, but the red morphs recently decided to bail off the rock they were on. Must have got cold? They are still in there and doing well, just not so visible. Then again, could have coincided with the startup of the GHL Mitras light! That would make more sense..

Anyway, here is a short video of the tank. Showing mr peppermint kicking about, the coral graveyard, the sump (with epic salt creep!) and even a top down shot of the weir :)

At least the shrimp is happy. :)

I am NOT on of these people on the other forum that answer every question by asking for parameters, frankly they shit me. But I have no experience with pico's.

What do you run in your mini sump and what are your parameters? How often & how much water change do you do?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
No idea on parameters, never tested :)

90-95% water change each week.

Sump has filter floss, chemi pure elite, purigen and marine pure spheres.

It's pretty low maintenance, I just enjoy talking to the shrimp all day (I'm not crazy.......) :D

Sam

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Hehe yep, it's small! Keep thinking that I'd put a mantis in it if the peppermint didn't make it, but this dude is a keeper!!