Tank Journal Archive

E

ezza

so -that- is how you keep them in place. i "lost" a morph that went off floating around the system because it let go of the rock and i just couldn't get it to stay in place.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
so -that- is how you keep them in place. i "lost" a morph that went off floating around the system because it let go of the rock and i just couldn't get it to stay in place.
You could also use some loose cotton or wrap the rock in plastic mesh if you have any.
I used to put some rubble inside those cheap plastic shot cups and then put a morph in the cup in low flow until it attached.

E

ezza

You could also use some loose cotton or wrap the rock in plastic mesh if you have any.
I used to put some rubble inside those cheap plastic shot cups and then put a morph in the cup in low flow until it attached.
I tried the rubble in the cup thing. I tried everything but rubber bands!! I have heard that you can sew them through with needle and thread (through the foot) and tie it on that way.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Good chance youll kill them and slice them in half doing this method. Never do this method for rics or morphs... just place them in pvc pipe with rubble with netting across and leave in low flow area to attach.. or leave them in a breeder box..

Good chance youll kill them and slice them in half doing this method. Never do this method for rics or morphs... just place them in pvc pipe with rubble with netting across and leave in low flow area to attach.. or leave them in a breeder box..
This is the second time i have sliced this guy in four... bounces back just fine....

I must admit, these guys are hard to keep in one spot... Its a bit of hit miss with mounting them. Needle and thread is probably the best way but that too is not as easy as it sound. I think the best way is the cup of gravel method. That's how i got the last one mounted.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I've had the most success with clear stretchy beading thread (from spotlight) and a thick needle. I have to criss cross the thread over the back of the rock or frag plug and bring it back around and tie it. I tie it a number of times, alternating which way I cross over the ends so its less likely to come undone.

Its very similar to fishing line except much easier to use due to its stretchiness.

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
Firstly I never knew you could cut Rics like this, everywhere I read said no you can't but obviously you can!

Do you ever sell any of these Rics? I will admit when I hear Ric and or Anemone I come running.