Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Eiblis are a favorite of mine, but they ship so horribly. I think I've kept just about every one of the common ones and they ship the worst.

The only 2 that are worse for nipping corals are Rustys and Vrolikis, damn shame since they're so cool to watch.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
An eibli :eek - it's a bit more special than that ;)
I thought it looked funny, lol. I'd put $500 that it came out of Vanuatu because they have all sorts of weird hybrids there because of the current convergence in that area where larvae settle out of the plankton. But they come at a price as you most likely found out with that one, something along the lines of having your hindparts shaved with a broken beer bottle and mace. :eek:

What I want is a Resplendent, but they've REALLY cracked down on the service people there diving and smuggling them out of the country. It's a damn shame because I'd like to have a crack at captive propagation. Just need a group of 8 for that, I'd even build a special tank in the 4000l range just for them.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
When you got him, I was whacked out of my mind on pain killers from my leg getting crushed. It's a damn good thing I can remember anything from Feb/March, lol.

The cheapest Centropyge out of Vanuatu is $53 before shipping which is in the $22 per fish range here to the USA.