Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Triton Test Results End Of 2015
Quick update for those interested, got my water tested by the Triton Labs to see if there was anything unusual in there.

Had a bit of a debarcle with Aus post taking 9 days to get my results to Cairns Marine, but from there it was smooth sailing. The guys at Cairns Marine were fantastic in keeping me updated with the status of my water samples and once it was sent off, it only took a few days before my results showed up on-line.

Lithium is high (from dosing Tech M to battle bryopsis), slight trace of copper (which is interesting), Calcium and Mag a touch low, and phos is a little higher than they recommend (which is no surprise). Rest looks good!

triton_pg1.png

triton_pg2.png

Sam

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
What an amazing world we live in! lol your water doesn't look too bad at all :) I love seeing some of the guys posting in the US and basically everything is in the red haha

How frequently do you think you'll get them done?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
What an amazing world we live in! lol your water doesn't look too bad at all :) I love seeing some of the guys posting in the US and basically everything is in the red haha

How frequently do you think you'll get them done?
I'm honestly very surprised with my results.... LOL

I'll play it by ear, probably every 6 months or so? Sooner if things are struggling and less frequently if its all good :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I'm honestly very surprised with my results.... LOL

I'll play it by ear, probably every 6 months or so? Sooner if things are struggling and less frequently if its all good :)
Sounds like a good interval to be doing it at :) I might get one done too, see what sort of imbalances there are, I know there's going to be one or two because growth has always been slow in my tank!

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Sam, how do these results compare to those obtained from your own testing for Calcium, Magnesium, Nitrates, Phosphate etc

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Sam, how do these results compare to those obtained from your own testing for Calcium, Magnesium, Nitrates, Phosphate etc
Hi Magic, my calcium tests read a bit higher (like 440ppm), my magnesium tested at 1400ppm, potassium was reading miles lower (so kinda happy its in the zone as I had been dosing a fair bit to bump it up) and my phosphates read a lot higher too (at the time of this test it was showing 0.16 ppm but Triton shows 0.05)

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
cost & where do you order?

i know they say use it for +1yr established tanks, just curious / want to bookmark

do they give you tips/hints/supps or just leave you with the data and off you go?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
My local fish store sells the kits, about $65 I think? They do give you suggested adjustments, although thankfully I have very little to adjust!