Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
2 Month Update
Well it's been 2 months now since the tank finally found its new permanent home (seems longer actually).
I can't believe how well the tank has responded to getting back to regular dosing and maintenance.
Everything is growing like nuts, even my first attempt with SPS is showing great results.
I have managed to avoid any algae outbreaks from the move with the tank looking really clean.
So I got straight back into the good old Trace and Plus along with some minimum dosing of Lanthium Chloride, Strontium and Iodide.
Also after some advice on the Melbourne trip I invested in a half dozen bags of Siporax rings, which I'm hoping will kick in and do their magic soon. I was already running a block and some cubes of Marine Pure which I will gradually remove as the Siporax takes over.
I don't intend to run any form of reactors, I'm trying to get away from having to worry about the continual problem of diminishing pellets. I want a system that stays as continually stable as possible.
So I'm currently doing 10% water changes and full tests each week. The parameters are all bang on, so the water changes I'll keep doing but as the parameters are looking more and more stable I'll extend the time between tests.
Here's some happy snaps
IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
You wouldn't even think you moved it! That clam is looking great too.

E

ezza

Everything looks so beautiful! The colours are extraordinary and it all appears healthy and happy. How do you find the lights?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Everything looks so beautiful! The colours are extraordinary and it all appears healthy and happy. How do you find the lights?
Love the lights, can't speak highly enough of them.
Brilliant control and look great. Even at 80% the SPS are thriving!!!