Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Almost there ...
I did a bit of a rescape last weekend, removed the zoa rock that made up one half of the arch (was starting to get covered in caulerpa, and while I was dipping it in hydrogen peroxide I realised I liked the look of the tank without it).

Placed all of the remaining SPS frags I had waiting, tidied up the zoa section a bit, and found the fungia a nice new home which means he expands to a much bigger size.

Just bought myself a nice unusual scoly, but otherwise the only thing left to do in the near future is get rid of the three frag racks taking up half the tank! Any locals that read this that want a free SPS frag or three (couple of nice ones, a few 'ordinary' looking ones to be honest) happy to give out. And I'll be doing another zoa-focused Facebook sale via naqua at some point soon. Would like all of the racks out of the tank for once.

No pics until the racks are out and the glass is cleaned (it's filthy), but feels like it is time to keep my hands out of the tank for a while and enjoy the growth.

Whether I will manage to do that or not is another matter! Though I do have a few things to do in the other tank still ...