Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Another Day, Another Update!
Well it's be just over a week since I got back from Qld and a wonderful holiday, in that week I think I've manage to accomplish a decent amount of work on the tank. The tally stands at 3 water changes (about 40%), mass work on removing and killing as much algae as possible, testing and testing, new carbon, slowly bringing the lights back to normal times, changing the Radium bulb (the weekend) and a zeovit stone change on Monday! And another water change either tomorrow or Saturday as well.

I'm happy to report that things are slowly improving and the algae is most definitely reducing due to the hours I've put in to killing it off. The corals are perking up a little and I'm hoping the few unhappy acro's start to bounce back very shortly but I'm buckling down for the long run with these picky bastards lol although they're not really that picky as I know what the problems are and I'm working to fix them! Alk is the number one issue there was when I got back as it was all the way up, nice and high at 12dKH!! I died a little but then retested and well it was up at 11.5-12dKH. Given this fairly large spike that had probably happened over the course of the preceding month I'm fairly happy with how the tank has gone and I'm hoping there are no delayed deaths because of it. The rest of the parameters we all good and within normal bounds but I will report that it's the highest nutrient levels I've seen in the tank for quite some time!
Nitrate: 7ppm
Phos: 0.05ppm (the test kit did expire in Dec though so it may be a little off)
Mg: 1230ppm
Ca: 400ppm

Fish are all good, happy and much fatter now! Even my lovely little possum wrasse is starting to get braze in his new home, I actually get to see his little head poke out whenever I feed :) I suppose I've rambled enough though so some pics are needed aren't they ;)
Frags are all still kicking along nicely!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1479_zpsioguh1qz.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1481_zps3cieewo7.jpg

My candy apple goni is doing really really well now it actually has a proper home haha
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1487_zps8jip3jbj.jpg

Clam as per usual
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1491_zpsphnb6zhs.jpg

The firetruck has pailed out a lot and has lost it's metallic green base but is still red so I'm happy
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1493_edited_zpszvbf2dvb.jpg

The worst effect acro and unfortunately one of my favourites is still not looking great, I'm really hoping this guy makes it through
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1495_zpse4pxyyvj.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1496_zpsif18vlpv.jpg

Getting some new growth here and there though :)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1494_zpsuocsvsqp.jpg

I do love the odd chalice or two though
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1498_zpsrkfgpkj8.jpg

Zoa's doing well:
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1502_edited_zpssl5kzn9s.jpg

And lastly a FTS:
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1500_edited_zpszvj9i8tx.jpg

I've got a few changes and plans in the coming future and as I usually like to plan for some big changes may be occurring but usually as every time I say this it may not even happen haha one of them is gettign the CaRx running so hopefully at least one will occur!!

E

ezza

was it Naqua that we bought the Black Rock racks through? It happened too long ago, I can't remember anymore. My magnets took a liking to one another which makes moving the thing "painful". I just lost a magnet somewhere under my system when the damn thing ejected and inevitably got stuck to something out of my reach.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
was it Naqua that we bought the Black Rock racks through? It happened too long ago, I can't remember anymore. My magnets took a liking to one another which makes moving the thing "painful". I just lost a magnet somewhere under my system when the damn thing ejected and inevitably got stuck to something out of my reach.
Yeah I got some from him too. Those magnets are super strong!!!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Pls list your fish
Nothing has changed much:|
- Female Bellus Angelfish
- Kole Tang
- Black ear wrasse
- Yellow tail pygmy angel (thinking of getting a different dwarf species as he/she is a little bit of a bully!)
- Possum Wrasse

That's all at the moment, I'm thinking about a few anthias to finish it off and add a good load of fish to the tank. No flame hawks at the moment either, don't want to risk any jumpers. Whatcha thinking?