Off-Topic

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Any New Year Resolutions?
I think the only resolution I'm going to make is to be more tolerant . . . especially of those fucking mongrel inconsiderate asseholes that piss me me off when I'm driving. :banghead

Reactions: MTG

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I'm just going to enjoy the outdoors more, been a bit lazy/ run off my feet with work to enjoy the simple things. Get my scuba certificate, my boat fixed and get out and about as much as possible. Also have a 2yo who seems very keen on fishing so yet another excuse

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I am doing the classic: get fit and lose some weight. Not going so well so far ...
Same here, I have my 30th birthday in March. It's a great thing having a terrible day/week. You can start fresh the next day and try to do things a little bit better. I try not to focus on how I've f'ed up my day or week as that tends to slide into a 7 day off-the-rails cycle of poor habits. I find Yoda quotes slightly insulting and inspiring. A good mix really.
I'm determined to get into a jogging routine, and starting cutting back portion sizes.

Also wanting to grow lots of pretty morphs while finally finishing my master of psychology.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
My only resolution was to not have any resolutions that would in any way make me feel committed to achieve something that I'm not actually going to achieve (removing the risk of failure by not attempting anything that I won't succeed at sounds like a bloody intelligent way of doing things, because I'm all for working smarter instead of harder).
If you asked my mother, I need to loose the beer gut, get attached, get married and produce her some grand kiddies right snappy.

I would like to stop buying more tanks, and start trying to save some money to think about buying a place big enough to put said tanks (preferably one I can knock some holes in walls). I'd also like to fit another two decent sized tanks in. Yup, with conflicting goals, you can see why I won't go as far as resolutions :P

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
My only resolution was to not have any resolutions that would in any way make me feel committed to achieve something that I'm not actually going to achieve (removing the risk of failure by not attempting anything that I won't succeed at sounds like a bloody intelligent way of doing things, because I'm all for working smarter instead of harder).
If you asked my mother, I need to loose the beer gut, get attached, get married and produce her some grand kiddies right snappy.

I would like to stop buying more tanks, and start trying to save some money to think about buying a place big enough to put said tanks (preferably one I can knock some holes in walls). I'd also like to fit another two decent sized tanks in. Yup, with conflicting goals, you can see why I won't go as far as resolutions :p
I agree David, my goals are more goals not resolutions as I never stick to resolutions. More like a gradual shift towards doing better and picking myself up and trying again when I fail. Resolutions always suggests absolute 'sticking to it 100%' to me so I don't put that pressure on. :P

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Mine is to stop putting all this crap (Zeo additives) into my tank thinking it is doing good for my corals... Looking at some older pics it was doing just as well if not better before I started to dose this stuff. Im sticking to alk,ca,mg and NoPox... Well at least for 6 months.

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
I quit smoking in August, so can't use that one. I'd like to say I'm going to get healthier etc but that usually lasts for a month or so and then I fall back to being less than healthy haha. We're going on walks more, so that's a start. We're actively trying to have a human spawn but that's not really a resolution....so I don't know...save for a house? Yeah, that works