Tank Journal Archive

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
April Update
April Update of my little reef.
GHL doser 2 finally arrived around December and set it up shortly after New Years.
So happy to have a doser set up, took two weeks to dial in and parameters haven't moved since.

With the doser set up I decided to dip my feet back into the dark side of the reefing pond and got 3 frags from a local store.
They've been in for 3 weeks now and are looking alright, their still alive so I'm happy with that!

Also added two new recruits a Bi color Blennys and a psychedelic mandy a couple months ago.

Also strangely I've had quite a big outbreak of Limpets in my sump, never seen them in there until a few months ago and thought kool another critter. Left them be, nek minute they've decimated my sponge population and there's hundreds lol
Slowly getting rid of them all.

Enough rambling, on with pics!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lost the deep green in this monty
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

After looking at my tank tonight I realised all my corals are either a shade of green or orange/red..
Haha need to find more colour!

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Great pictures - what macro lens are you using?
Thanks mate, using a SEL 55-210mm with a marumi achromatic +5 macro lens on a Sony 5R
Would love a dedicated macro lens but there aren't that many options for the Sony mirrorless cameras, there's a Sony 35mm macro that's really to short for aquarium shots or a 50mm (75mm equivalent) Zeiss Touit that would be lovely but out of my price range atm.