News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Attachments
Hello everyone,

It has come to my attention that some members may not know the full power of the attachment feature.

If you would like to upload files to The Reefuge, you can do so by clicking on "Upload File(s)" under your reply box. You can upload a single file, or if you select multiple files, you can upload them all at the same time.

Also, there is no need to resize your photos. The forums will automatically resize them to suit the forums look. Once a user clicks on the image, it will open up to its actual size.

There is also a new feature called My Attachments. You can access this page by going to your username in the top right, and in the dropdown box you will see "My Attachments".

This allows you to view and search all your previous uploads to The Reefuge. If you would like to re-use an image on another thread, you can simply click on Insert Image (The little photo of a tree) in your reply box, and then link your image from your manager.

So, for example, I go to My Attachments and I find a logo I have uploaded. I click on it, and it sends me to this address http://www.thereefuge.com/board/attachments/logo-png.2555/

I can then copy that address and then insert an image to this post, pasting the address in the "Enter Image URL" box. Once I have done that, I should get....

[Broken External Image]:http://www.thereefuge.com/board/attachments/logo-png.2555/

My logo.

Enjoy :)

Thanks.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
So it is best to leave them as thumbnails when it asks or will it resize a full size pic?

Personally I don't like having to click on thumbnails (mainly cause they seem to take ages to come up on my computer) is it better the the site that we leave them as thumbnails?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
So it is best to leave them as thumbnails when it asks or will it resize a full size pic?

Personally I don't like having to click on thumbnails (mainly cause they seem to take ages to come up on my computer) is it better the the site that we leave them as thumbnails?
im not a fan of the thumbnails either

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania

Thumbnails were more useful when we were using dial-up internet access - not so relevant these days and I prefer not to have them.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
If one attaches a full size image will the forum automaticly resize it? I guessing if you dont use a thumbnails that images would have to be resized first?

V

'vspec'

I upload gigantor size just for kicks, and it resizes my offerings no problem, chances are, your sweet :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
If one attaches a full size image will the forum automaticly resize it? I guessing if you dont use a thumbnails that images would have to be resized first?
Yes, the forum automatically resizes them - you are able to click on the image to get the full size image if you wish. I resize all my images which speeds up the upload process but that is up to you.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
As MagicJ said,

You can upload any image you like, there is no restriction on size as this community should be able to upload files without loss of quality.

The forum will automaticly resize the image (as in a css resize) so it fits into the post. However, once you move your mouse over the image and click on it, it will automatically expand to its true size.

Thanks.

V

'vspec'

Image count restriction neo?

I found out there was a 5 count on Vid uploads the hard way. No save function on quick reply, so I lost everything when it kicked to the error page.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi 'vspec',

It may have been caused to such a large amount of file uploads (size). I have increased the maximum file size upload, it should work now.

Sorry about that.

Thanks.

V

'vspec'

Always the best experience dealing with you bud, except when you take away my toys for not playing well with others :)