Reef Discussion

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
They are going the subscriber based supply of livestock type deal too.... can't see it working out that well

E

ezza

I don't spend much time looking at those kinds of things- but what happens if they fall flat and can't supply what they have promised? Do they get in trouble?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
There have been a number of $1m+ campaigns that have not delivered :eek
I've had my share of shams... it happens, on the plus side you pay for something a year or two out and then when it arrives you've forgotten and it's a great surprise!!!

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I remember seeing this concept being thrown around somewhere late last year.

I like the idea or short supply chain of fish and corals etc but it seems expensive for what it is and i think will untimely be pretty had to keep.

The tank kinda reminds me of the BR400's that where around in massive numbers about 8 years back, for those that dont remember reef secrets came up with some awesome deal with Andries and brought in these all in ones that were like 40l had a skimmer, PC light, fans etc and was selling them for like $89, everyone went out and brought one and there was this sweep of nanos that looked awesome for the first fewmonths and then everyone's turned into algae shit boxes through lack of care and maintenance and there went from being 100s of these being showed to a hand full

E

ezza

I've had my share of shams... it happens, on the plus side you pay for something a year or two out and then when it arrives you've forgotten and it's a great surprise!!!
It sounds like a way for some people to make stupid amounts of money... If they could live with the guilt of ripping people off.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
It sounds like a way for some people to make stupid amounts of money... If they could live with the guilt of ripping people off.
Indeed. I'm a little more cautious now, only back creators who have successfully created on the platform before. Or I'll go the $1 backing and follow progress before paying retail once released.