Help / Suggestions

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @ijg3956,

Posts have a limited amount of time to be edited, this is for security of the website. If you need an older post edited, please send a request to any staff member with a reason of why it needs to be edited (only minor edits allowed). They will edit it for you.

Thanks.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Hello @ijg3956,

Posts have a limited amount of time to be edited, this is for security of the website. If you need an older post edited, please send a request to any staff member with a reason of why it needs to be edited (only minor edits allowed). They will edit it for you.

Thanks.
Sorry but for me, that sucks. No way to save drafts & no way to update posts. I'm probably on my own in this though.:cry

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @ijg3956,

I understand that it may be frustrating, but in order to keep this site free and open, security must stay high and needless risks that could cause extreme damage to the website are not worth taking.

Thanks.

Reactions: MTG

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Sorry but for me, that sucks. No way to save drafts & no way to update posts. I'm probably on my own in this though.:cry
Not sure if it will help, for for my longer posts I now type then outside of the forum (word, notepad etc) and then copy them over when they are finished. I understand where you are coming from, as I have been caught out a few times with losing relatively long posts. HTH

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

As stated in the other thread, the next forum update will include autosave when posting threads and replies. This will get rid of the issue.

Thanks.