Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Clam Issues - Ideas Welcomed
Couple of weeks ago, I noticed a spaghetti work was bothering my clam. I removed the worm, but since the clam has not opened fully - the pics below are about as far as it gets. Spends some time clamped shut too.

Positively, it still has a retract instinct when I walk by or [ass a shadow over it.

But I am concerned it could be pinched mantle ... anyone have any ideas?

DSC03025.JPG
DSC03024.JPG

Params are all stable, with Alk low but always has been. Could that be preventing recovery if the worm irritated it?

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I read something recently but i cant for the life remember but it was something about to much oxygen or something and the clam closing up a little trying to shield itself from the light so I guess the zooanthingymobobs stop photosynthising. I have been trying to think of it all day but cant remember sorry.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Fear....? :p
haha
I read something recently but i cant for the life remember but it was something about to much oxygen or something and the clam closing up a little trying to shield itself from the light so I guess the zooanthingymobobs stop photosynthising. I have been trying to think of it all day but cant remember sorry.
hmm well funnily enough I have been wondering tonight whether the opposite is causing the issue. My frag rack shadows the clam a little, at least filters the light from what it was getting. So wondering if it isn't getting enough light?