Clean Eating Rumballs
CLEAN EATING RUMBALLS AKA. THIS RAW FOOD BROWNIE RECIPE REPURPOSED

1 cup pecans
1 cup pitted dried dates
5tbsp cocoa powder
4tbsp shredded or dessicated coconut
2tbsp honey or agave nectar
1/4 tsp salt

Place the pecans in the food processor and process until small and crumbly.
IMAG1119.jpg

Add the dates and process until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
IMAG1120.jpg

Add the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture is well blended.
IMAG1122.jpg

Roll mixture into balls and roll them in dessicated coconut.
IMAG1126.jpg

Refrigerate until firm. These keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
IMAG1128.jpg

You might be wondering if these taste like real rumballs. They're not the same - but are still yummy and great for when you want a chocolate fix :)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I make 'chocolate' bars like this. Dates, 1/2 or 1/4 of the nuts, about 5 or more times the cocoa powder and some cold pressed orange oil. Heaven.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Do you find them bitter with that much cocoa?

I also love those pureed date 'logs' rolled in crushed almonds you can buy at Safeway. Would be easy to make yourself. Gives the food processor blades a bit of a hard time though.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I really didn't need to see all that chewed up food in her mouth at the start but that was pretty funny. This is not going to do my street cred any favours - but I had a block of 100% cacao in the cupboard for a while that was given to me by a Peruvian friend :D The main thing we did with it was put a few shavings in our dinner - adds a richness to it. But it was nothing weird I swear!