Tank Journal Archive

Vanski

Aug 11, 2014
Toongabbie
Clownfish
image.jpg Got some new livestock today 2 redline cleaner shrimp and a mated pair of Snowflake clowns but not too sure haha

Attachments

Last edited:

Vanski

Aug 11, 2014
Toongabbie
Thanks blue bolts I'm not sure if they are snowflakes or frostbite wondering if anybody would know I was too excited at the lfs to ask lol

Vanski

Aug 11, 2014
Toongabbie
Hey
Wow they're nice.. whered those clowns come from? Im looking for a pair myself..[/QUOTE
Hey jimmy
I can see your from Sydney call up or head down to paradise aquariums in Cabramatta they can order them in for u they can pretty much get anything u like

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks blue bolts I'm not sure if they are snowflakes or frostbite wondering if anybody would know I was too excited at the lfs to ask lol
I'm not sure it really matters what they are called :) But, I would tend towards Snowflakes as they don't have enough white to be Frostbites.

One of the growing problems with these clown variations is that some breeders are not keeping track of the parentage and in the future, if not already, it will be impossible to say for certain what a particular clown actually is. It then follows that if you breed from a certain clown with unknown parentage you will have no idea what the offspring will be - having a knowledge of genetics will be of limited use.

Are these a true mated pair i.e. have they laid fertile eggs, or are they just a bonded pair?

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey

Hey jimmy
I can see your from Sydney call up or head down to paradise aquariums in Cabramatta they can order them in for u they can pretty much get anything u like
Oh I see, you got them from kirk. Yeaj ive known him for a while..hes a family friend of mine.

Though he was getting in just platnium clowns. You recall how many pairs he got in?

Vanski

Aug 11, 2014
Toongabbie
I'm not sure it really matters what they are called :) But, I would tend towards Snowflakes as they don't have enough white to be Frostbites.

One of the growing problems with these clown variations is that some breeders are not keeping track of the parentage and in the future, if not already, it will be impossible to say for certain what a particular clown actually is. It then follows that if you breed from a certain clown with unknown parentage you will have no idea what the offspring will be - having a knowledge of genetics will be of limited use.

Are these a true mated pair i.e. have they laid fertile eggs, or are they just a bonded pair?
Think they are just a bonded pair they haven't laid any eggs yet but I'm really happy with them everyone that comes and visit always compliments them :)