News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Community Spirit
Hello everyone,

I would like to make a quick post thanking the users Rob, buddy23 and macca_75. For all Victorian members, the post can be found at http://www.thereefuge.com.au/board/threads/free-nano-tank-for-younger-reefer.4073/

For members who can no access this thread, here is a copy and paste of the kind acts of these members, and how this community is more than just a reef forum, it is a forum where members actually take care of one another.

Rob -

I have a small nano tank 500x300x300. It has a modded AC300 HOB filter, I have some rock, 1/4 tub of salt mix and a compact floro light, although one mount is broken so you would need to take care and see if you can get another mount. If you have a container will also throw in some RO water to get you underway.

All you would need is some sand and a heater, I think I also have a brand new 12VDC Hydor power head that needs a 12VDC adapter and it would be a good start.

I am looking to give it away if there was a teenager wanting to start their own marine tank, (with the help of their parents). the only thing I would ask is to make a journal.

The stand is currently holding my fathers 2 x 20 litre water containers so its kind of not available. Although if you could find a substitute stand for him I could get it back. Here is a pic when it was setup cycling. It was a really nice setup even if I say so myself :).

http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=592987#592987

I'm sure for the right person, someone on the forum may have a bag of sand and once cycled some frags may find there way to them as well.

Edit: I think I may also have a small 25W heater somewhere as well. If buddy23 has some sand only thing left is some old test kits, which I'm sure will turn up from someone.

Buddy23

If anyone wants I have about 5kg of new sand that I can give free if rob finds a younger reefer to grab this tank?

Macca_75

I have some old kits that were given to me as a sample (not sure what is there). Also willing to give away a few easy to care for tough as nails flubber frags to get said person started (and have waited for a cycle). I live around the corner from Rob so if you are picking up the tank I guess you're local enough.

I highly suggest that all Victorian members take a look at the thread, if not only to give kudos to members like these.

Thanks.