Tank Journal Archive

E

ezza

Coral Delivery
*statutory apology for crap photos*

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

These are my frags from @Bataviacoralfarm. They arrived last Thursday night. Thanks to everyone here @The Reefuge for the love and support I have been given.

I need to restick a few corals, which are currently sitting on the frag rack. I haven't done anything other than put each coral somewhere it won't fall off for now. Some corals had lost flesh in the shipping and I just do not want to bug them any more.

After the great worm hunt; I'm waiting on a Red Line Wrasse to become available. I have requested it through my very local LFS, but I might approach another store who might be able to get it through sooner. I need something to eat the damn worms to keep them in check.

My back is pretty good at the moment. It's a very inconsistent kind of thing. Until 2 weeks ago I was still experiencing a lot of pain and exhaustion. Then I got the flu, spent a week in bed sweating profusely and when I got better I discovered that a huge amount of my pain is gone. It depends on activity and tiredness etc what I do feel, but it seems that the worst may now be done. It's almost 8 months since my surgery and my Physio certainly thinks I should have recovered sooner than I did- but no one knew how badly damaged my nerves were so in the end... I am cautiously optimistic for the future.

Aside from physical health, my mental health has been better too. I have my moments, especially this week- but I'm feeling pretty normal and coping as best I can with life.

<3

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Awwwwww new shinys (or rather, new squishies?)!!

Good to hear your on the mend! I'm I'm sucking Voltaren/Pandeine Forte like they are going out of fashion, so I can relate!!

:D

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Awwwwww new shinys (or rather, new squishies?)!!

Good to hear your on the mend! I'm I'm sucking Voltaren/Pandeine Forte like they are going out of fashion, so I can relate!!

:D
Be certain to take your voltaren WITH FOOD, and avoid neurofen and aspirin while you're on voltaren!

Great to hear your on the mend, unlike ascertaining physical health, mental health isn't all that linear. It's a road full of twists, turns, rainy days, windy days and stinking hot days. it's a bit of a longer and stranger journey to good mental health and something people have to continually work at! But keep working, focus on yourself and make your health your main focus and things will come along! :) above every storm, there's that wonderful blue sky!

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Be certain to take your voltaren WITH FOOD, and avoid neurofen and aspirin while you're on voltaren!
20 odd years of having back pain has taught me well what works and what does'nt (for me that is).

Appreciate the advice all the same :)

Last edited:
E

ezza

Sorry. Very non specific photos! I said they were crap! I'll get more speccie ones ASAP. The gift was the SPS collection except for the one in the 3rd last photo and a montepora covered in brown fuzz in pic 2. I bought those.

The sticks are mounted on a ceramic or plaster type disc with a plastic paddle pop stick that may be from CBF. The bits out the bottom have lettering on them but Jerram would know what he uses better than I ;) there are some small black plastic pipe pieces on some and for now I've just propped them on things or shoved them in holes. Once the future of pieces is more certain I will place them better.

@lukusis, I've been there. Enjoy the drugs they give you while you can. I got to the point where I was prescribed things like Lyrica for nerve pain, Norflex (a muscle relaxant) for muscle tension and plenty of codeine and endone etc on top of it all. Pain is a strange beast. While you have it, you are entirely possessed by its compassionless but soul destroying grasp. When it's gone, your memory fades to nothing but a shadow in a dark room.

Just take care of yourself and try to find something you love that brings you joy. Focus on that and push through.

@Dean Lovett you are so right. I came to really understand how much my mental health has really affected my life just recently. It's been huge. I was reflecting back on various things and realising there was not really anything that could have been done differently for the most part. Yes there were signs, but times were different when I was a teenager and until I was diagnosed a few years ago people would have labeled me with all sorts of incorrect diagnoses. I know a lot now and after making it through the last year alive (by the Grace of God), I feel so much more equipped to cope with the future. I still have my moments, but I think that I can stop myself losing it again- being more physically well already makes a huge difference. My husband has taken a course in caring for people like me and he is just everything I need when the shit goes down.

Now, how do I keep from losing my sticks?! I need to regrow tissue. They are still alive, we'll do a water change tomorrow. I need a red line wrasse to stop the damn fireworms. They're my biggest concern to the future wellbeing of any coral.

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
@lukusis, I've been there. Enjoy the drugs they give you while you can. I got to the point where I was prescribed things like Lyrica for nerve pain, Norflex (a muscle relaxant) for muscle tension and plenty of codeine and endone etc on top of it all. Pain is a strange beast. While you have it, you are entirely possessed by its compassionless but soul destroying grasp. When it's gone, your memory fades to nothing but a shadow in a dark room.

Just take care of yourself and try to find something you love that brings you joy. Focus on that and push through.
Thankfully im not at that point @ezza !! Ive had a couple of instances where ive not been able to move its so excruciating, i normally just rest and use a hot/cold pack.

Ive just got back on the tools for work so its a little aggravated presently. I have zero idea why, but ive always had to take a bucket load of any prescription for it to have ANY effect (even as a kid, and now, i rarely get sick, but when i do its normally violently ill and then gone a day or two later and as if it never happened).

Yours must have been pretty debilitating to get those kind of candies from the docs though! I can only imagine.....

Jan 18, 2015
Geraldton
Looks great @ezza
What are the sticks that the corals are mounted on?
Hi Buddy
Some are mounted on a ceramic plug with a golf tee embedded in it the others are mainly Acros I glued on a golf tee then place in common plumbers pipe from building sites . They are mainly my brood stock pieces the rest are on the ceramic frag discs
Cheers
Jerram