Tank Journal Archive

BooY

Aug 10, 2011
Birkdale, Brisbane
Council Approval And Ground Works
Keeping inline with the title "Very very very very very Slow", we have finally got all the sign offs from the certifier and council to actually have some physical movement to our build.

Only thing that changed was the final positioning of the house location.

adaveshotit.com_HomeOne_Plans_01_20Site_20Plan_201.jpg

and so now, we have approvals for the plumbing system, water tanks, tree removal and the house.

So this is a pano of what is to be the house area before any ground works started
adaveshotit.com_HomeOne_Site_02_20Site_20Pano_20House_20Area.jpg

This is after Day 1 of clearing
adaveshotit.com_HomeOne_Site_Clearing_01_20Day_201.jpg

This is after Day 3 of clearing
adaveshotit.com_HomeOne_Site_Clearing_02_20Day_203.jpg

They estimated they should be finished by Friday this week for the house pad and shed pad with cutouts for the HSTP and water tanks, I think it may take them a little longer but exciting to finally see things start to happen

jart

Apr 10, 2015
Wow, looks like a lovely bit of the world to put down roots. Congrats on the start of the build process. Are the images taken from the "short" end of your block? :)

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Your building a fish bowl?!?!

Awesome!!

Thats a great sized lot btw, very jealous.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I thought this had been going for a while - since October 2013 it seems !!

Good to see some progress - hopefully everything will move a bit quicker from now on :)

BooY

Aug 10, 2011
Birkdale, Brisbane
Wow, looks like a lovely bit of the world to put down roots. Congrats on the start of the build process. Are the images taken from the "short" end of your block? :)
Yeh the photos are all taken standing at the front side of the block (bottom of site plan) looking to the back (top of site plan). I was standing in the middle across about inline with the A in datum.

BooY

Aug 10, 2011
Birkdale, Brisbane
So its all taking a little longer than they expected, the pad cut/fill has started.

From the excavator looking down the block
adaveshotit.com_HomeOne_Site_Clearing_Cut_20and_20Fill_20Started.jpg

From the bottom of the clearing looking back up toward the top
adaveshotit.com_HomeOne_Site_Clearing_Cut_20and_20Fill_20Started_201.jpg

A dodgy first time using video on my camera attempt to do a quick walk down the block