Tank Journal Archive

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
He was put into the tank last. He is pretty good with other tank mates. The clowns do put him in place though. But there is plenty empty spaces of rockwork for it to swim and hide in. There isn't much aggression in the tank thank God.

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
Thanks @chimaera ... What's the Care like for rics and acan? I really want a low maintenance tank that's why. I liked the sun coral but the Care and feeding is too tedious.

I hope so too @MagicJ did you have one and became aggressive?

Last edited:

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
Thanks alot @MagicJ . Oh man now I'm worried. hope the he stays the same. i got a cranky coral banded shrimp already that goes for any fish when his hungry lol. But still pretty cool to look at when its chilling under a rock and stroking it's antennas and when it molts its shell.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Thanks @chimaera ... What's the Care like for rics and acan? I really want a low maintenance tank that's why. I liked the sun coral but the Care and feeding is too tedious.
Rics are dead easy, just like morphs ... once you get them in a good position they will look after themselves.

Acans similarly, though they do appreciate a feed now and then - some NLS pellets, mysis, prawn or whatever you have going really. That said, if you forgot to feed them for a month they would do just fine too - they don't rely on the food for survival, it can just help with their growth.

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
Rics are dead easy, just like morphs ... once you get them in a good position they will look after themselves.

Acans similarly, though they do appreciate a feed now and then - some NLS pellets, mysis, prawn or whatever you have going really. That said, if you forgot to feed them for a month they would do just fine too - they don't rely on the food for survival, it can just help with their growth.
I do like the way that rics look... very colorful. Why are rics so expensive though? If they are easy to care for and easy to propagate why such a high cost still?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Because those colours are rare, and anything that is rare+pretty is expensive.

Morphs are a cheaper option and just as pretty, more so in some cases. Rhodactis tend to fall somewhere inbetween price wise.

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
Because those colours are rare, and anything that is rare+pretty is expensive.

Morphs are a cheaper option and just as pretty, more so in some cases. Rhodactis tend to fall somewhere inbetween price wise.
lol I see. Do you have any suggestions as to what corals i can keep in the shady part of the tank.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Morphs/Rics/Rhodactis don't mind a bit of shade. Acans do well in filtered light areas but not total shade.

If total shade, you might need to look at NPS options like sun corals ... but they fall into the 'high maintenance' bracket.