Tank Journal Archive

Sterlo

May 1, 2015
Townsville
Current Set Up
Hello Community

First time reefer/ First time Fish Tank Owner

I currently have a tank that I was gifted with in June last year - I considered it a present to myself. I sat with just live rock for over 4 months due to my wedding being in October of last year and had to focus on that.

System Profile:
Main Display
: Aquaone AR-980 215lt
Stand: Basic wooden stand -
Sump: not sure of the amount of lts

Lighting: Standard Hood lighting 3x T8 (I know not the best but works with what I have in there.
Filtration: run carbon and phosphate remover.
Return Pump: Unknown (came with it)
Water Circulation: Unknown (came with it)
Calcium Reactor: nil
Skimmer: Marine Source MS-A 150-6530
Auto top off system: nil

Temperature: 24-25 C (controlled by Hailer 250a)
Livestock Inhabitants:
2x clownfish
Stark Damselfish
Yellow Damselfish
Coral Banded Shrimp
Orange Star fish
2x large Brittle Stars
snails
Corals:
2x gonnies
Doughnut Coral
Elegance Coral
2x Duncan
Torch
Mushroom
2x softies
5x Morphs
Devils hand

Departed Stock:
2x Blue/Green Chromis
2x Vanderbilt Chromis
1x Citron Clown Goby
1x Green Clown Goby
1x Twin Spot Goby

E

ezza

It's very nice! Your doughnut coral thingy and the leather on the left is bloody HUGE!!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Nothing wrong with T8 -
Don't know what you are chasing but your coral selection currently has their lighting needs sorted.

Have you considered a blue led strip just to enhance a little bit of colour pop?

Sterlo

May 1, 2015
Townsville
Nothing wrong with T8 -
Don't know what you are chasing but your coral selection currently has their lighting needs sorted.

Have you considered a blue led strip just to enhance a little bit of colour pop?
This tank was gifted to me so it was always just a trial and error tank to get my feet grounded into Saltwater tanks.. i have started the process of setting up a 4x2x2. stand is getting built as we speak.

when you say about the blue LED strip, could you give examples (links to lights) i could look at? im a Newbie so happy for any ideas