Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Day 23
Alright. It's Wednesday time for an update. Since this reef is fresh as I thought it best to keep it updated.
39 sps frags and still keeping the dream alive.
Been monitoring KH like once in the morning and once at night and keeping it as stable as possible while at the same time dialling the Calcium reactor .
Ok , we have had a few days of manual checking but have finally shifted the KH to something manageable .
The lowest I have measured is 7.3 and the highest has been 8.0

I feel that this is still too much swing for my liking , but the reef is still settling in from my perspective of dialling it in.

Temperature wise I have had a low of 24.7 to high of 26 been sitting between 25 and 25.4 since the frags have been in.

So far no sign of STN or RTN
Some frags have coloured up a little and some have lost a bit of sparkle.
For now I simply want to keep them alive for the next couple of weeks.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Good stuff, Good idea to keep the kh below 8 and all should be good.

We need some pics!
Lots of dedication! Calcium reactor set to 30ml / min and 20 bubbles /min on about 9/24 hours ... Was on during night but rotated roster to a on day schedule. I think we save pics for a Powermodule reveal froth fest.... Eh? I know I'll be frothing :-)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Left this morning for a trip to Canberra,
Turned the lights down to four hours and turned the reactor off, since I won't be around to monitor and tinker further.
Chucked in a bit of KH builder and Ph buffer just to maintain a bit of alkalinity while away.