Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Dont Sulk You Caught Yourself !!!!
After 6 months of trying to catch a Red coris Wrasse (that we never should have bought) it has come to an end !!!!!!
We tried Coke bottle, numerous home made traps, moved everything in the tank on a couple of occasions, even changed out the whole sand bed and still didn't get him.
I Actually watched him jump into our full length overflow to chase a snail, I was just getting the nets ready to dive in and catch him and he got sucked quickly down into the sump where is is now sulking.
One word to say -- YIPEEEEEE !!!
photo (11).JPG

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I have one of them , that I also regret buying.
Mine is starting to change colour.
Killed 2 green spotted dragonets and was starting to attack a small hippo tang eaten all our cuc and turned over every r coral & clam we own !! So glad he is gone !!!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I almost bought one of these, guess I'm not going to now :p
if you don't have smaller fish than him (dragonets) and don't have many corals or clams then he was a very attractive fish. But as they get bigger I can imagine that they get a lot more destructive than he was as a juvenile. We were told by LFS that he was peaceful and reef safe, well he didn't eat the corals. We are newbies to this hobby and we learnt our lesson, research research research. lol
PS. he also ate every snail we had in the tank at $20 a piece. not impressed. lol Ironic really the LFS took him back today in exchange for some snails.

Last edited:

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Oh wow I remember this - good to see you got it! (or it, got itself! LOL)
lol,, it was magic really. By the way he stayed under the sand in the Tupperware container all the way to the LFS, had a sudden awakening in a new tank. Bit like us being so drunk and waking up with no idea how we got there. lol

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
What do you recommend for catching mine?
I am sick of the basted flipping frags & corals over.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
What do you recommend for catching mine?
I am sick of the basted flipping frags & corals over.
I cant recommend anything as we were totally successful until we accidentally broke off about 4 teeth on our overflow and he saw a snail. Try breaking the teeth make a gap and plant a snail (even a shell) he might do what ours did and chase him in. Good luck, absolute nuisance in the tank and a killer too

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
lol,, it was magic really. By the way he stayed under the sand in the Tupperware container all the way to the LFS, had a sudden awakening in a new tank. Bit like us being so drunk and waking up with no idea how we got there. lol
I like the way you transported him in something he could feel safe in, good job!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I like the way you transported him in something he could feel safe in, good job!
It was hilarious. We walked into our local LFS and just handed him over. . I didn't want to hurt him, its not his fault he is just doing what he does naturally. Our stupid mistake buying him in the first place. I put the sand in for him to sleep in overnight and he just didn't wake up until he got to the LFS . Got 4 nass snails and 1 strom in his place. He was a lovely looking fish just not for us. We purchased our new male green spotted dragonet and since he has gone I am again watching a beautiful dance every night as the lights go down. Thanks a ton for the gold. I appreciate it a lot. I respect animals of all kind including stupid wrasses that cant resist snails. lol

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Fish traps do work.....well sort of
i set the trap up 3 days a go. I have been feeding only brine shrimp via a turkey blaster directly into the trap.
Tonight he fell for the trap .
I was a bit over seles cause when i pulled the string the whole door came flying off.had shove my hand over the hole while I unscrewed the trap . (Locks to the frame of the tank)
Now you know why I have taped it up.
Sorry for the hijack.

Attachments

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Fish traps do work.....well sort of
i set the trap up 3 days a go. I have been feeding only brine shrimp via a turkey blaster directly into the trap.
Tonight he fell for the trap .
I was a bit over seles cause when i pulled the string the whole door came flying off.had shove my hand over the hole while I unscrewed the trap . (Locks to the frame of the tank)
Now you know why I have taped it up.
Sorry for the hijack.
they are smart little shits!!!! I cant believe you actually got him in 3 days, we tried for 6 months. lol
Your obviously smarter than us or our fish was smarter than yours.....hmmmmm