Tank Journal Archive

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
Downsized Again...
So i've gone from a 1200ltr to a 800ltr to a 250ltr and now to a 150ltr; life just needs to be simple sometimes :)

Should pick up this tank in the next few weeks and then start the transfer of live rock from my plastic holding tank to the display..for the price and what you get included make these tanks quite attractive, in saying that, if you didn't have spare equipment laying around to upgrade the return pump, lights and skimmer it could be an expensive exercise!!

When I pick it, i'll figure out what skimmer to put on it; thinking tunze due to the small form factor or maybe one of those JNS small skimmers, no idea yet; i can live with the included one for a little while!!

the AI hydra 52 will be going over this; overkill I hear you say, nah no such thing, more power!!! I want those SPS's to be wearing sunnies!!

More updates to come so stay tuned my little reefers, Excelsior!!

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I was also looking at downsizing so that I could move all that I had as required. I was looking at tanks in the 150-200 litre range. Main reason I didn't go to that range was because I wanted to keep my Yellow Tang. But now, I don't know where I'll be in six months time. However, I'm lucky as I can set my main tank up in my parents place, have it run, and take what I want from it to where ever I go.

I think 150 Litre is a good size as you can still have a reasonable number of corals, but be able to relocate them in a few big plastic tubs in your car.

It's such a shame to have to give up corals and fish you've had for a while.

Sorry to hear about the divorce issue.

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
where are you moving to?
Mortdale buddy still close to the Shire but closer to the city. New unit is smaller than that unit I had in the city if you remember that one...been a few units over the years!!

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I liked the city one, dont think ive seen your other ones. Did the 250l ever get past cycling?

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
yeah the 250ltr had the occy pair and those corals i grabbed from you .. then nothing was added apart from water changes lol

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
hahha so you wont have to get rid of stock for the downsize :)

If you wanna swing by and frag any of the other stuff you are more than welcome

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
hahha so you wont have to get rid of stock for the downsize :)

If you wanna swing by and frag any of the other stuff you are more than welcome
Will do mate and thanks!! Going to get a decora goby for the tank or a red dragonet possibly

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I remember seeing one of the smaller ones and being shocked that it was aqua one, they have certainly listed to the market!

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
Didn't like the 120 or 90, the 150 was a cube which appealed to me, was also the largest in that range.