Tank Journal Archive

Are threads like this superfluous?

• Yes, don't do it again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but now I want to know what it is

• No, provided it's actually part of the tank build - but is it?

• Total voters

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
Easter Egg
Would you believe that none of my fish gave me an easter egg? Ungrateful bastards :cry:rage:p
Luckily, I ordered this mysterious package for the T90 :D

adrive_google_com_uc_af615af6f92d620fd56d8bb8c184c284._.png

What could it be (and why is it coming all the way from the US)? o_0

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
Last night I received an email from BRS saying that the order had been cancelled (and they deleted my account)!
I followed up in a live chat and was told that they would not fulfil the order because I am located in Australia.
I can understand them not wanting to deal with international shipping, but the address was of a freight forwarding service in continental USA.

This is the first time I've encountered an online store decline a freight forwarded order. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
This is my third order within 6 months from them and the other two went through without issue... makes me wonder if the OP might have something to do with it?

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
I'm no help, but that's annoying!
Could be something they've brought into practice recently but still seems strange.
Worth making another account and trying again?

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
now I feel stupid - just read this on their website:

FREIGHT FORWARDING/HOLDING POLICY
Due to the elevated risk of credit card fraud, customs issues, damaged shipments, and warranty issues, BulkReefSupply.com does not allow shipping to freight forwarding services. We reserve the right to cancel all orders shipped to freight forwarders/holders without notice. Any order shipped to freight forwarding or holding facility will not be eligible for any support.

I think it's best to order it from somewhere else and move on with my life :p

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
Too bad man, is there a BRS equivalent in Australia? Or is there one coming?
Not that I know of but there are a few decent online stores. No matter, there are lots of other sellers, I just don't want to buy the part locally as it will cost me an extra $200 vs having it shipped from the states.