Reef Discussion

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Even Better Now
@somethingfishy76 and I now have our Maxspect Ethereal lights working from our iPads which is easier than on the iPhone.
The previous app didn't work for iPad but now it's much easier on a bigger screen - have I mentioned how much we love these lights?
lights.jpg

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
If I am reading your picture correctly, you look to have the ability to set up to 8 waypoints across the 5 channels - is that correct?

Do you move the points by dragging them on the screen?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
If I am reading your picture correctly, you look to have the ability to set up to 8 waypoints across the 5 channels - is that correct?

Do you move the points by dragging them on the screen?

Yep, that's correct. You can keep adding time points. If you touch on where the 6.00 is a scrolling time comes up so you can choose the desired time. I think it goes to 12 or more time points and you can just slide in the value for each colour and if you click the eye symbol at the bottom it will show you what that mix looks like at any given time so you can adjust on the go. Then click the tick and it sets the program. Too easy.

E

ezza

I was looking at the webpage about these lights in the last week and it got me wondering if they would suit my tank given it's 70cm deep or so. I guess it would need multiple units which would push costs up.

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Hi Dave,

I'm struggling to judge the light settings. I don't have a par meter to check. Can you tell me what settings you have your lights set to and the depth of your tank?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
That's my current settings in the screenshot above. I'm currently running the lights at around 65% at the peak.
My tank is only 45cm deep so you may want to go a little higher, I think your's is deeper isn't it?

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Thanks ive changed mine as my lobo is bleaching an not sure why. Although I've gone for a bluer look as your settings make my tank look super white :)

Screenshot_20160718-222421.png

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
What version is your app? That looks completely different to mine. And where did you get it?
I may increase my blues also. I'm just waiting till the tank gets its final move and I have time to sit and play with the settings.