Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Fluconazole Cycle Complete
Finished the 2 week treatment of Fluconazole for the removal of some GHA.
All GHA is completely gone and the tank looks amazing.
Set the skimmer back to normal, cleaned the sump up a little (got a little dirty with the skimmer off line) and did a 20% water change.
Tested all the parameters to give me a new baseline and all is good.
Overall, I couldn't be happier with outcome, nothing else in the tank was effected whatsoever.
I might look at doing smaller does on a regular basis to maintain a cleaning schedule.
IMG_0998.JPG

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
How good is fluconazole :D lol
Glad to hear it's worked so well for you Dave :)
Tank looks great!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
BRB, going shopping at Dave's. I'll have ALL the zooanthids for M, that beautiful Elegance, the Bali green stag and the neon green Sinularia. I'll expect them to be there when I get there. ;) :D

Damn nice job on the tank Dave. I think the patchy GHA is because of phosphates leaching from the rock in that area.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
BRB, going shopping at Dave's. I'll have ALL the zooanthids for M, that beautiful Elegance, the Bali green stag and the neon green Sinularia. I'll expect them to be there when I get there. ;) :D

Damn nice job on the tank Dave. I think the patchy GHA is because of phosphates leaching from the rock in that area.
Thanks mate!
Ready for you to pickup when you get here, that's after we have a couple of beers.
I think the GHA came in on a bunch of star polyps, it seemed to pop up wherever I placed bits of it.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Thanks mate!
Ready for you to pickup when you get here, that's after we have a couple of beers.
I think the GHA came in on a bunch of star polyps, it seemed to pop up wherever I placed bits of it.
Thanks for hexing us, lol. I got a GSP rock in a week ago that has deep purple centres, it also has bryopsis. BUT, Orange Spot Rabbitfish love the stuff so I put it in their run. It wasn't there, then 3 days later, yesterday, it was damn near 4cm long. I've never had bryopsis before and I don't want it now.