Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Front Tank Shot Thread
Here's an updated FTS guys, a frontal shot and an angled shot which is abit closer for viewing. Everything seems rather okay..Im just currently battling an algae problem due to high phosphates. Even after a 50% water change..it's still high so I'm gonna use the phosphate r by brightwell and do fortnightly 25% ster changes and hope it drops. Cheers.
image.jpg
image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
CURRENT STOCKING:

FISH:

2 x Black Occellaris Clown Fish (Amphiprion ocellaris)

1 x Bi Color Blenny (Ecsenius bicolor)

1 x Royal Gramma (Gramma Loreto )

1 x Wheelri Watchmen Goby (Amblyeleotris wheeleri)

That's the final of the fish stock in my tank, Won't be adding anymore until I upgrade.

INVERTEBRATES:

2 x Zebra Turbo Snail (Turbo sp) (Parent Snails)

1 x Nassarius Snail (Nassarius sp.)

1 x Yellow Red Stripe Pistol Shrimp

That's the invertebrates I have so far but I've still got a variety that I will be adding down the track most definitely. Also I'll be adding a few invertebrates soon.

1 x Frosted/Speckled Rosé Bubble Tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor)

2 x Nassarius Snail (Nassarius sp.)

2 x Redline Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)

2 x Porcelain Crab

CORALS:

2 x Scolymia (Scolymia Australis)

1 x Toxic Mottle Hammer Coral, Branching (Euphyllia parancora)

# Variety Of Zoanthids (Zoanthus sp.)

# Variety Of Ricordeas (Ricordea Yuma)

# Variety Of Morphs (Actinodiscus sp.) (Rhodactis sp.)

For the time being, that's the limit of corals I want to stock in my tank..besides maybe little frags slipping in. I've still got plenty of room for future corals such as lots of bare rock for nice zoanthid frags and ricordeas and rhodactis possibly. But I was thinking of maybe getting a single small master grade Scolymia Australis or a handful of button Scollies to finish off the centre part where my current Scolymias are currently residing.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Love that orange scolly man, reckon you can get a pic of the shrimp and goby please :D
Thanks @Bdear22 it's a nice scolly I got a while back, it's actually red with blue stripes and yellow stripes. Yeah I tried but they parked themselves behind the right hand side where my zoa garden is..because my clowns bullied my shrimp there..thus the goby followed him. But im sure they'll borrow around more.

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
No worries, oh yeah it's sweet heaps unusual (for me anyway), haha it's always like that hey. How deep do they burrow coz I'd like to get a pair of watchmans but my sandbeds only a few cm deep

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
No worries, oh yeah it's sweet heaps unusual (for me anyway), haha it's always like that hey. How deep do they burrow coz I'd like to get a pair of watchmans but my sandbeds only a few cm deep
HAhaha, yeah..well sometimes I suppose and sometimes not. They don't actually borrow deep man. They just need sand to live happily. My sand beds only actually 2.5cm all around man. Well maybe a couple mm more but it's not very deep. They live half under rock and sand..they dig near the base of the rock work..