Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Fts: 26/09/13
Ordered fresh live rock from cairns but won't get here till late next week. In the mean time.. About 10 kg of live rock sitting right in the middle there.

image.jpg

Zander

Dec 30, 2013
Looking good so far! Was looking at these on the net for my own bedside set up. Thinking about the 24L version for my own. Is much extra needed to be bought after purchase for marine use? Finding most information on the net to be limited!

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Nice one @JimmyDang
@Zander You just need a heater and another small in tank pump for flow like the tank above. You can't use the skimmer next to your head though as you won't sleep it's very loud.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
any updates Jimmy D....ours is going through a mini cycle at the moment lol so quite messy but its on the mend....i needed to upgrade the airpump on the skimmer too, the one if comes with just doesnt cut the bacon

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
any updates Jimmy D....ours is going through a mini cycle at the moment lol so quite messy but its on the mend....i needed to upgrade the airpump on the skimmer too, the one if comes with just doesnt cut the bacon
Hey dude, no updates as yet but it's just got a really nice piece of live rock in there, amazingly it's more healthy looking than my own tank. The rock is spotless.. With coralline alage everywhere. On the back wall is covered in green coraline. It's a single piece of rock which is respally porous

Didn't want to stack rocks up as it's a nano, sole piece in the middle with a 2cm gap from the back wall and the sides etc to make sure flow gets around. ATM.. It's been running since September last year with no water chnages.. Just top ups. I don't run the return at all and don't run the skimmer. I'm only running a wave maker inside the tank.

It's housing a citorn goby, a argi angel fish and and a couple small corals. And lol honestly my missus turns the light on every couple days. It's amazing how stable the tank is.. More so than my own tank man. No bullshit here with what I'm sayin above. Never seen such clean healthy rock before in a system with no water changes.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Here's a couple photos of my girlfriends tank and close up of the rock to show you what I mean. It's been running since September last year without any water chnages and it gets topped off with tap water from the bathroom outside the room. I also don't run the return or air driven skimmer. I just have the nano wavemaker inside the tank for flow.

Don't mind the green algae. My missus liked the look of it. It's only grown onto small pieces of rock which I placed around the larger piece. She says the turbo snail likes eating it and the goby likes perching on it. The algae has been the same sized for about 4 months now and hasn't grown so doesn't bother me.

Couldn't take a picture of the argi as he went into hiding. @leodb89

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
It's pretty impressive that the tank has worked that well so far. Goes to show some nano's are easy
How big is the angel?

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
It's pretty impressive that the tank has worked that well so far. Goes to show some nano's are easy
How big is the angel?
Yeah nanos are so easy if you know what you're doing and honestly doesn't take much to maintain aswells. Poeple always over complicate it. Keep it simple or minimal and it leaves you stress free.

The argi angel is about 3.5cm. Behind the rock there's a cave inside the rock so he hides in there when I disturb the tank.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
hey dude hows this one going? any update pics?

my gf's went through a bit of a cycle, added a koralia 900 to it on the weekend and have been using nualgi that i got through @Anil Nanda as well as getting a lawnmower blenny..looking good, hopefully stays well up until the new tank arrives but has been a little bit of a learning curve on nanos for both of us.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
hey dude hows this one going? any update pics?

my gf's went through a bit of a cycle, added a koralia 900 to it on the weekend and have been using nualgi that i got through @Anil Nanda as well as getting a lawnmower blenny..looking good, hopefully stays well up until the new tank arrives but has been a little bit of a learning curve on nanos for both of us.
It's still looking he same bro, I only removed that alage you seen that's been the same length and size for the pass couple months. The live rock itself is very healthy.. More healthy than my current display tank.

It's growing feather worms all over it.. Got nice coraline growth on the back wall, rock and pump.. The tank I have added an argi angel to it since the last update.. Still haven't done nay water change till this day.. And it gets topped off with straight tap water when it drops 1/3rd of the overall water volume..

Still only running the small power head.. Heater.. Return and light never goes on.. Just goes on when I check to see if the fish are still alive.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Why no light?
Well gf forgets to turn it on and off and I've totally forgot to buy a timer.. But by the looks of it. Light isn't so much of a use for it ATM. It's doing so well without literally but the bare minium.. Which is just the current inside the tank..

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Gfs tank on the mend corals finally opening back up alter the algae bloom but they must be happy the Duncan and torch both grew new heads

DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0393.JPG