News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
General Update
Hello everyone,

This is just a quick update to let you all know what is going on here at this point in time.

Shops - The shops are still being worked on from the back end. Coding is still happening, and they should reach an alpha version by 2013. Currently, as you all know, the shops are in beta version and are only up for testing purposes.

Signatures - Signatures are going to change this week. We are going to allow two lines of text, in addition to your stats signature you may have seen. This will open doors for features to be implemented in the future.

Wiki - The wiki is going to be changing software. Currently the wiki is a lite edition with few features. The next wiki will be implemented much deeper into the forums core which will allow for much better features. This is also a major project that is happening.

Reviews - Though not high on the priority list, development is still going on. The layout is to be changed into a more friendly and readable template as suggested by members.

Donations - Currently, donations are down due to PayPal. We are seeking a different service to handle all money flow through The Reefuge and will update you all on this shortly.

Sponsoring - We have sponsored one site which will be announced in due time. If anyone else would like sponsoring, please get into contact and we will work out a plan.

Design - The forums will have a slightly different design to them in the future. This will not be a drastic change as seen before, they will look very much like they do now but with a few more features and easier navigation

Mobile Skin - Almost ready, this skin will allow users to use The Reefuge with much better functionality than the one provided for by TapaTalk. This is a huge project and one that is much needed.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to post them and they will be answered as soon as possible.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Any plans to move the chat to IRC so that people might use it?
Hi firechild,

There is no reason to use IRC for the chatroom. They both serve the exact same purpose without relying on an irc server to do the handling of the chat. Furthermore, the irc chat web clients are not compatible with many browsers as IRC has all but died on the internet (except using IRC clients). The chatroom is fully functional on this site, and more features will be added to it so it gets used more, such as a display stating how many people are chatting in the chatroom.

There may even be a script made so it notifies in the bar of how many people are currently chatting in a little balloon. The good thing about the chatroom being in the bar is that users are able to surf the website while still being in the chatroom, and get notified when a new chat has been made. Though, it is agreed that the chatroom does need something done to it to make it get used more.

Thanks.

Reactions: MTG
V

'vspec'

I've got to hand it to you Neo, You have a big set of chestnuts and a clear vision dude, endlessly slaving away night after night to make us the number one experience.
Same goes for the mods too,(all except me of course, I'm kicking back on the banana lounge) ~ the output from these guys is pretty f^%$king sweet to watch.
I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying we appreciate the effort that goes into this place.
:welcome