Reef Discussion

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things
Well the wait is finally over. I have had a break for a few years and now with the new house, I am planning a new setup :)

Old tank

My old tank above was shut down and sold off but I have held onto all my gear. I can't wait to get planning, plumbing and setting up a new tank!

We get the keys December 1st :cool:

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Just finished reading through your old Journal, sensational tank you had going there. Good work on holding onto the equipment, you have some quality gear there. Looking forward to seeing it setup again :)
Sam

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Wow . The old tank was a quality build . I can't wait to see your new one. What size is the new tank going to be?

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
Just finished reading through your old Journal, sensational tank you had going there. Good work on holding onto the equipment, you have some quality gear there. Looking forward to seeing it setup again

Sam
Thanks Sam. It was a great tank and I missed it as soon as it was picked up. I am not even certain if it is still running. I have been through a lot of gear and this is all the gear that has worked for me. I found people running tanks that were successful and tried to emulate their methodology of quality skimming, wide flow and quality lighting.

Nice to have you and your new tank back here.
Thanks Slin1977. It is good to be back. I cannot wait to get things rolling with this new build. I am on some other forums as well, but I am really glad this place is still going. I am starting to remember the familiar faces around here.

Wow . The old tank was a quality build . I can't wait to see your new one. What size is the new tank going to be?
Thanks RobbieMVFC. I have already found the position for the new tank in the new house and I will finalise size after we have settled in. I will be aiming for around 800 - 1000 L. The extra volume will aid in stability for the water parameters and will allow me to keep some of the tangs I have always liked.

Welcome back - looking forward to learning lots from your new tank journal.
Hi MagicJ, it's good to be back. I hope I can learn heaps from everyone on here also. It is good to see some familiar faces.