Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Goodbye Blenny...
Went to feed the fish today and noticed my Tiger Blenny dead on the bottom of the tank :(
He was completely fine yesterday and all of the other fish look healthy, so I am not sure what happened.
I noticed his stomach is very swollen though.
He was one of my first fish and had a huge personality.

Does anyone know what could have happened?
20150808_170333.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Noooooo not another man down on the forum :( I'm sorry to hear it Luke :( I haven't seen anything like that though and the only thing that comes to mind is constipation but given it happened in such a short time I have no idea.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Looks like he bled out internally as he has extensive bruising on his belly as well. That swollen belly is either gas build up before he died or after. If it was before then he had trouble digesting something and got bloat, which then would have caused the bleeding.

E

ezza

Condolences :( he was so cute.

It may sound a bit off, would you consider an autopsy to see what is going on inside?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Condolences :( he was so cute.

It may sound a bit off, would you consider an autopsy to see what is going on inside?
Too late for that, he became a meal for my Anemone!

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Sorry to hear that mate . It could of be anything from a infection to a parasite that made his/hers tummy inflate like that.
Depend oh how brave you are you could dissect it and look for worms ...me personally would throw him in the bin..lol
have you added anything new to the tank lately?
Best to keep an eye on the rest of your fish and not add anything new for a month or two.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks @RobbieMVFC
I ended up feeding him to my Anemone so it's too late for any autopsy.
I added a new fish earlier this year but that is it. Everyone else is looking great.
So I guess I will just put this one down to an unfortunate loss.