Tank Journal Archive

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Hermit Crab Drama, Reefscape Hell - Although, Now All Is Well.
Weekly update.

Last Friday was a disaster, my scape fell down and it was hell trying to get it back to where I liked it… So we decided to re do the reefscape… and now I LOVE IT!! You’ll notice the hammer is behind the blue cespitularia… I was a bit annoyed at this because I love the hammer BUT it adds some depth to the tank because to look front on you need to couch down a bit and now with the hammer towards the back, it makes you stand up, so I like that.

image1.JPG

I got up on Sunday morning and found that I thought to be a dead peppermint shrimp. I was so scared something had killed it… But she just shed! She is going really well, eating a lot and her colour are so vibrant. She’s so cute when she is scurrying for food.

So, “days of our hermit crab lives” well, the two hermit crabs have stopped fighting… BUT omg, I cant believe it, I put a shell in there a few weeks ago… But it was MASSIVE and thought I need to get a few smaller ones because they won’t move into it. But, omg…. The TINY hermit crab has moved into this shell…. Omg. It would be like me wearing a 7XL t-shirt…. Like, it is an impediment. So cute but.

The bicolour Blenny had some issues yesterday trying to headbut a hermit crab from his spot… he was successful though lol. Poor hermit crab.

The corals are all going really well… All fully open and the cespitularia, after 2 months is OPENING ITS POLPYS!!!

Except, I’ve notice a bit of a decline in coralline algae over the past few weeks… like it is stil growing and advancing but just not at the rate that it has been in the past… I’m not alarmed, but I am just keeping it in mind.

oh and here is a cute photo of my blenny in my just waking up toady.

image2.PNG

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks for the update :)

Your 'she' peppermint shrimp is not actually a female - peppermint shrimp are simultaneous hermaphrodites which means that they possess both male and female sex organs. Any two shrimp will result in viable eggs, although they are not able to self fertilise.

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
Can I come around to your house and eat popcorn when your tank is having another drama? :p Your updates are my favourite, hands down. XD Plus, you always take super cute pics of your babies. :3

My live rock seems to be a Crab Factory. I thought I only had two crabs. Now I have three :s

Your Ce-spit-ularia (I'm too lazy to scroll back up and get the name) is just the prettiest thing ever. <3

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Can I come around to your house and eat popcorn when your tank is having another drama? :p Your updates are my favourite, hands down. XD Plus, you always take super cute pics of your babies. :3

My live rock seems to be a Crab Factory. I thought I only had two crabs. Now I have three :s

Your Ce-spit-ularia (I'm too lazy to scroll back up and get the name) is just the prettiest thing ever. <3
Bring popcorn and maybe some Valium, can get intense.

Haha I will keep you updated with the next instalment of days of our crab lives.

Currently:
Cassie still thinks the shell and an appropriate size... Even though she can't climb the rock properly.... I will keep you posted!