Tank Journal Archive

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
How it came to be
Hi Guys :)

Once upon a time we bought this BEAUTIFUL little suncoral, and despite our enthusiasm for target feeding it at the start, over the months/year that enthusiasm dwindled and our neglect began to show... and show ... and show :( It was to the point where I was keen to find it a new home before it lost its fight completely.

So after reading of @firebird's success, I contacted her in the hope of finding our suffering little coral a happy home. Unfortunately she had no room, but despite this she took the time to talk me through a technique that she came up with that saw her successfully rehabilite a suncoral that she had rescued previously!!

So this is a journal to track the journey of our coral from "Crabby, crabby, crabby" to "Happy, happy, happy" (God, I love Duck Dynasty lol) Enjoy!

An excerpt from what she sent me: (I hope this is ok, firebird!!)

What I did to revitalise it was actually remove it from the tank every day and put it in a separate tupperware with tank water and an air pump . Then i would feed it intensively with reef roids/rotifers as well as mysis for about half an hour and then put it back into the tank.